zero. The Start of Everything

"Mr. Stark?"

The kid, also known as the Spider-man, weakly called out to the billionaire.

Tony slowly turned his head around, only to be greeted by the scene of Peter's feet turning into dust. His eyes became so big now. 

"No, no, no, not you too." He stammered for the first time in his life. He couldn't lost that kid. Not another one.

"I don't... feel so good." Peter stumbled on his own legs, then grabbed for Tony, because he now didn't had legs. "I don't wanna go... I don't wanna go..." He sobbed. Tony couldn't bear his weight so they collapsed to the ground.

"Kid..." Tony whispered, dismayed. 

Peter's body, from chest to his hands, slowly turned to dust. He got this far-away look on his eyes and said, "I'm sorry, Mr. Stark." Then he completely disappeared from existence. 

Tony sat upright, wanting to grab some of the dusts before it can go, but it slipped out of his hands. He buried his face to his palms, and sobbed for himself and Peter. He was only fucking 16, why did he had to go? Why did Thanos had to do it? If the Earth didn't had enough space for all the population, then he could build three more Earths for god's sake.

He smiled weakly, because he realized the fact that Peter had called him Mr. Stark until the last moment. Tony let out a low chuckle, mumbling "It's Tony, Pete. Not Mr. Stark." 

Nebula, at the distance, stared at him with a hint of sadness. She knew what it felt like.

You become an orphan when you loose your parents.

Tony Stark was an orphan. Hydra killed him when Tony was a teenager.

But if you loose your kid, there's no word for that, because no word could possibly explain the pain that the parent would feel.

And Tony was in that state.

- - -

After Captain Marvel saved the day, Tony came out of the spaceship with the help of Nebula. 

Steve Rogers and Pepper Potts spotted them and ran over to greet them.

"Tony!" Steve called. He quickly mumbled an apologize about the incident at Siberia.

Tony just nodded his head absentmindly. He then looked up at Steve watery-eyed, disbelieving the fact. "I lost the kid." He only said that short sentence, but the impact were strong. Steve hung his head. "We lost everything, Tony." He, too, became watery-eyed. He also lost Bucky and Sam, his closest friends. He could easily imagine the scene unfolding whenever he close his eye; He imagined that Tony would feel like that too.

"At least we have Natasha and Pepper. Not everybody has that." Steve pointed out.

Tony nodded. "But he... he was the next best thing that happened to me after Pepper." He choked up, his voice trembling slightly. "I told him 'you should be better', Steve! He loved me like I was his father, and I told him to be better! Oh, shit, I don't know what I'm even saying right now." He rambled.

Pepper gave him a look mixed with sadness and confusion. Tony never, NEVER rambled.

Steve threw his arms around Tony gently. "Explain about this kid, Tony." He guided his friend to the shelter, Pepper trailing along with them. 

"This kid is Spider-man..." Tony began explaining, first tears crawling down his cheak.

- - - 

Peter opened his eyes and spotted a yellow sky-ed world, without clouds. He was laying on a golden field. He bolted upright, and wondered if he was dead.

"Technically, yes, and hurry, we're suppossed to be in a meeting." A sweet but sad voice spoke right beside Peter. Startled, he turned around and spotted a certain strawberry red head girl. Peter quickly coded(Yes, he already finished manipulating the Iron Spider) his voice to a mid thirty male's vocal cords.  

"Uh, sure? And your name is...?" He asked standing up.

"Wanda. Wanda Maximoff. Scarlet Witch will be more familiar. You know the Avengers?" She shrugged like it was nothing.

Peter's iris got so big that it looked like it would pop out. He let out a huff, as Wanda laughed.

Wanda asked what his name was. "And you are?"

Peter hesitated a moment. It wouldn't harm right? It would be more normal if he told them his name.

"Peter. Peter Parker. Spider-man." He shook Wanda's hand.

Wanda smiled gently. A genuine smile.

"Very James Bond-like. Assuming from your voice, you're over at least thirty, although you feels like you're my little brother. Contradictory, right?" 

"Right." He laughed nervously.

After walking some miles, they finally saw a group of people forming a giant circle. In the center of it, Dr. Strange was conjuring some spells.

Peter and Wanda sat around the edge, wondering what was going on.

Strange was speaking.

"...Yes, we are 'dead', and currently at the soul stone's realm. Therefore we doesn't need to eat or drink. But we still need to sleep. Plus, we aren't the only ones who turned into dust. Enemies might want to come and kill us. If we gets killed here, we cannot return. For ever."

For Peter, it was hell. If he didn't eat nor drink, his metabolism would be goneand his strength will shrunk. And they still needed sleep? Hell, Peter was doomed.

Sam Wilson, the Falcon, asked to Strange.

"So where were we exactly?"

"We are inside the Infinity Dimension. The realm of Soul stone."