"What's wrong~? Tired so fast~?"  The God mocked him as his eyes glowed even brighter.

"Ha! Ha! Just you wait! I'm going to... Ha! Rip you to shreds!" The direwolf shouted. He pounced one last time, confident that he was finally going to get Rimuru. Well, he was almost right... Almost...

Upon nearing Rimuru, the leader's face was suddenly grabbed and he was held in the air. Rimuru's hand could be seen gripping the wolf's face. 

"Get your filthy hands off me!" The leader demanded while futilely struggling to get out of Rimuru's grasp.

"Hmm... How about... No?" Rimuru sarcastically asked him. 

Suddenly, the leader could feel the hand's grasp tightening and his skull was beginning to be crushed. The grip tightened until....

*Pop*

In Rimuru's hand, the bloodied body of the wolf motionlessly waved in the air. The body dropped to the ground, revealing the owner's head being crushed into a plum. The rest of the pack was horrified at the sight as all their eyes widened and their bodies trembled. Rimuru just looked down at the corpse with boredom. Facing the rest of the pack, he just said this one sentence.

"You have two choices... Serve me... or die." Rimuru's eyes then gained a dangerous glint. he then stepped forward as the surroundings became a dark blue and a heavy pressure overcame everyone in the area.

"""Our pack yields to you!""" The pack shouted at once as they bowed in front of Rimuru.

"Good..." Looking down at them, Rimuru flashed a smile and his eyes glowed once more.

"Ummm.... Did we win?" The elder asked with a confused face.

"Yes. Yes. We won." Rimuru answered blatantly. "They have surrendered."

Once the goblins heard that, they started cheering loudly with grins on their faces.

The next day:

Rimuru's POV:

I was sitting on a tree trunk as all of the goblins and direwolves gathered in front of me. 

[Hmm... Looks like I have more pawns... What to do next... Oh!] I thought for a bit before coming up with an idea. "Alright. Listen up."

The crowd turned to me with questioning looks.

"You will all be paired up with each other." I commanded without hesitation.

"Umm... Rimuru~sama? What does pair up mean exactly?" The elder asked me as I looked up.

"*Sigh* It means to forming a group of only two people." I exasperatedly sighed.

The wolves and goblins looked at each other.

"Groups..." A goblin said.

"... of two?" And a direwolf continued.

It took me a minute to pair them up and once I was done, I spoke to them.

"Alright. We are done. From today onwards, you will all be allies. So don't go around and pick fights with one another." I announced as I waved my hand over them.

"""Hai!""" They all answered me at once.

"You will go with your pair to gather food, materials to build houses and to strengthen the village's defences." I commanded before turning to the goblin in front of me. "We will start..."

I paused for a bit as I tried to think of his name. 

"Hey. What is his name again?" I asked the elder.