-6-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Ever since the incident at Saltburn, there was a switch in Farleigh and I's dynamic.

Of course, we talked and hung out like we usually do, but things had gotten a bit different, Farleigh had begun to give me more specific compliments, ones that would make others assume that we were already in a relationship.

On top of that, there's been so much touching, more than we'd usually do, and there were just too many "close calls" for me to believe it was innocent.

Felix told me that this was Farleigh trying to tell me about his feelings, and of course, my reaction earned me a few teasing words from my friend.

"Well, I think you should play along for a bit" "Really?" "Yeah, you know Farleigh likes playing with the things he wants first, so just play along, I bet you he'll be confessing by next Friday"

Normally I'd brush off Felix's advice because he's given some bad ones, but this time I decided to take his advice and use it.

So as of now, I had left for my dorm since we were all going to the bar as usual and I wanted to change for that.
Fit check

As for my braids, I had put them up into a half up half down style, leaving two braids out in the front

By the time I was ready, I was getting a few texts from India to hurry up because everyone was waiting for me in the quad.

So I grabbed the very few things I needed as had headed out of my room to meet with everyone.

"Here she is" Daniel, a guy in our group had pointed out.

"What? Y'all weren't even waiting for long" I rolled my eyes "Sure we weren't, Sugar" Farleigh chimes as we all start to make our way to the bar that isn't too far from here.

As the girls and I walked ahead of the guys, India and Britney couldn't stop giggling while talking about Felix and Daniel.

India wasn't immune to my friend's charms, if anything I'm sure I'm the only one who wouldn't fall for him.

But as the two talked I looked back to see Farleigh was deep in conversation, and I guess I also wasn't paying attention to where I walked because I had tripped up a bit on my heels and had dropped my phone.

The fall wasn't hard but I did use it to my advantage, bending down to grab my phone, aware that my short skirt had my entire ass on display, of it did until I felt someone behind.

"Oh Sugar let me get that" Suddenly Farleigh was picking up my phone for me, and while doing so he also had pulled my skirt down to cover my ass.

"You look good by the way" and with a light tap to my ass, Farleigh handed me my phone.

"Thank you" I smiled while fixing my skirt to its original place before catching up to the girls so we could all walk into the bar.

As usual, it was packed but our usual table was left alone, so while everyone sat down I acted just the slightest bit coy, letting all the seats be taken til there was nowhere for me to sit.

"Oh here let me grab a seat for you" Daniel proposed "No it's fine, it's a packed night" I brushed off while also sitting down on Farleigh's lap.

"You don't mind right?" I asked, already feeling my friend's hands find my waist as he relaxed into the seat.

"Not at all"

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Now the night was getting started, the first round of shots had been brought out and Farleigh and Y/n were both sharing a blunt as well.

For the first time, Y/n was a bit more vocal that night, talking up a storm and coming up with joke after joke making the table all die of laughter.

"Wow, since when were you a comedian?" Farleigh tilted his head at the girl "Since forever" she answered "Yeah but you're so quiet normally, this is so different" Jasmine said.

"I guess our Y/n's finally out of her shell" The teasing tone in Farleigh's voice was enough to make Y/n roll her eyes before taking a hit from her blunt and passing it back to Farleigh.

After another round of shots most of the young adults were already getting tipsy, but a few others were still in their right mind, so much so that they noticed Jason walking over to them.

"I didn't think I'd see you here," Jason says, disregarding everyone except for Y/n.

"Well, it's not like you know me at all," Y/n says "Who's this, Sugar?" Farleigh asked, holding Y/n closer as he rested his chin on Y/n's shoulder.

"I have a lecture with Y/n, but anyways how come you didn't tell me you weren't a scholarship kid? Or that your parents are the Richards?"

Jason didn't notice but the group was annoyed with his presence and if he did notice then he would have been aware of the pretentious flares being sent his way.

"As I said, I don't know you" she repeated "Well then let me get to know you then, I bet it'll be more enjoyable than being stuck with these drunk assholes"

Now Jason had truly pissed everyone off and Y/n was also losing her patience.

"Maybe you're a bit slow or something but what makes you think disrespecting my friends will make me wanna hang out?" "I-" "How about you leave and find someone else to annoy" and with a bone-chilling smile Y/n had gotten her point across as Jason left.

"That was hot" Farleigh stated while placing a kiss on Y/n's shoulder, happy to see a relaxed and true smile back on Y/n's lips, now able to enjoy their night again.

But from a few tables down Oliver had watched the entire thing go down, realizing who was his actual challenge to Saltburn and Felix.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1026