Jun was probably at a position of power.

"So you read the whole rule book. That's amazing." You closed the door as he walked in, noting the look of disdain Jun had when he entered the room; perhaps even such a room that you deemed luxurious was ill fitting to him; "isn't it three hundred and sixty four pages long?"

"As the disciplinary head, it was part of the requirement." Jun muttered.

"Ooh, I heard bad things about Jun. About the student council."

Huh. So you had met Daichi, the president. And now you met the disciplinary head. You had cast Tanaka's words aside, believing him to be a simple blabbermouth, insensitive and uncaring, but now you wondered if there was some value in those words. Apparently the previous scholarship students had all disappeared, or quit...

"You're part of the student council, hm? I've met Daichi."

"So I've heard." Jun said wryly. His answers were short, curt, and it was obvious to you he didn't wish to talk to you. You were living with him, so the most you could do was tolerate him. But your tolerance for people wasn't the best.

"Well." You sighed, "it does not matter to me who you are. We can coexist together. But if you don't want to be friends, that's fine with me."

Jun's eyes widened fractionally.

Didn't want to be friends? But come on, everyone was obsessed with the student council, and the council members knew it. Whether it was expensive gifts like watches, or invites to events, people wanted to be part of the glorious six, ruling over the institution. In the end, it was all because of connections. Daisei's student council was filthy rich.

You observed his reaction, smirking to himself.

Your father had already warned you about these sorts of people.

Have fun shooting down spies, dad, you thought fondly, and saving those endangered animals.

Granted, when your father had been telling you about self-absorbed people, he was referring to a president that he had to assassinate. But you didn't know why you couldn't apply that philosophy to this situation too.

.

.

When you walked around the school, you could instantly tell that Tanaka's blabbermouth had run. Everywhere, people whispered about you being some animal whisperer who had tamed a snake to lash out at enemies. And Terry wasn't exactly big, but with the lucidious descriptions you were hearing, Terry might as well have been a six foot tall cobra. Now, that would be sick. If only you had such a good pet—though you wouldn't replace Terry for the world.

"His name is [Name], right? I heard he's crazy."

Crazy? You wondered, that was false, though?

"—He can speak the language of snakes," another whispered, to which you had to stifle a huge giggle, "—he viciously commanded the snake to take down Tanaka, and now Tanaka is fighting a battle between life and death!"

Their exclamations were so dramatic and so false it was more amusing to you than anything. Besides, you had your mind wrapped around the whole student council theory. So far, you have already spoken personally to Daichi and Jun. There were six members in the student council currently, as you knew, and you didn't know if they would be as multifaceted as Daichi, or so openly steel-like—yet all smiles, like Jun.

And besides, you were here on a scholarship. You had to focus on your lesson, first and foremost. That was the most important matter; your grades.

"The lab...the science lab..." you murmured under your breath. You had no idea where that was, admittedly. This school was like a maze. You had already missed out on yesterday's lessons; you couldn't miss out on today's either, could you?