Suh damn nuff.

I silently hiss my teeth under my breath upon feeling Rajauny's hand removed from my shoulder. Still, we walked side by side, our pace matching each other.

"When you are gathered here we expect to hear complete silence until said otherwise" The voice of the principal spoke.

Me and Rajauny were not standing behind a grade 10 form class, Gabriel standing not too far away from us beside our prefect.

I turned my head back to the front upon hearing the mic crackle, "I will now be handing over to our special guest today, the Child Welfare Committee"

I watched as our principal stepped back giving way to two persons. A muscukar short male, and a slim yet average height female. Both persons wearing according tee-shirt's to represent the CWC foundation.

Child Welfare?

"Goooood Morning St. Jago High School!!" The female who took the mic said in a preppy voice.

Goodmorning's sounded through the hall from various students who decided to be polite and answer.

"No man, mi nuh like how that sound. Good morning St. Jago High School!!" the same woman cheered again, but this time louder.

And again the same set of goodmorning's rang throught the hall, except this time it was louder.

"Right. So I'm Latoya and this is my partener Paul" The man beside her flashed the crowd aside then waved.

I turned to look at Rajauny, poking him so, " I could atttract his attention.

"hmm?" He hummed looking down at me

"Wah wi cut leff dah devotion yah?"

Jauny shook his head no at my question. "Fi some reason mi actually invested"

I hummed at his response before turning back my face to the two visitors.

I didn't bother to listen anything they were saying, a pure foolishness bout pickney feelings weh adults nah respect, abusive household and all that shit. Couldn't bother listen. So I drowned out their talking while staring blankly ahead.

The sounds of claps were what brought me back to reality.

Oh dem finally done?

I looked up at Rajauny. He looked shocked and his hands lay limp at his sides.

Furrowing my brows, I glance over to Gabriel, she held the same expression Rajauny held.

A wah mi miss?

It took me three good pinches at Rajauny to gain his attention.

"A wah mi miss? Mek yuh look Suu shocked?" I questioned rather confused with the situation.

" yuh seriously nuh hear nothing the man juss seh?"

No dumbas if mi did hear mi would ask.

Atleast that's what I wanted to say, but ai refrained from doing so. Instead I said, "juss tell me wah him seh nuh"

The male figure sighed.

"Him seh him-" Jauny was cut off by the sound of the male, Paul, speaking.

"I'd like his close friends to collect this cash prize in his honor, so two persons who were close to him please cone his here"

I looked behind Paul at Latoya who was walking with a cheque in her hand, our principal holding the other end for soppurt.

"Huh?"