06 - I Break My Promise

Start from the beginning

Corey stood by the lake at Camp, watching herself holding a small pink wool blanket. Her hair was longer, down to her hips as she cried softly. She knew what had happened. It was the night Elise had died. Corey allowed her questmates to finish while she returned to Camp to mourn her daughter.

"You know what is to come" a voice spoke through the breeze. Corey looked around, trying to find its holder. "What are you talking about?" She called out, noticing her surrounding change as she moved. She turned to face her mother, Amalia Cesel. Her dark curls swayed in the breeze as they stood in water.

"You can not interfere Cordelia" the voice wasn't her mother's. It was one that Corey had yet to encounter. She looked afraid as a growling seemed to sneak its way into the dream. "This isn't fair! You can't do this!" Corey screamed at the voice, her mother's face. "It is too late for your opinion"

"Percy!"

Corey jumped as she saw Annabeth catch Percy. She fell to her knees by his side, Leaning Percy against her body. "It's okay Sea Pup, it's okay" Corey pushed his blonde curls out of his face, her voice was soft and gentle while Annabeth and Grover were freaking out. "Hey! What happened?" Grover asked, running over once he heard Annabeth. Percy groaned in Corey's arms, his eyes closed. "I think... I think those stinger things were poisonous" Percy gasped as she held the wound lightly. "Guys, we have no nectar or ambrosia" Corey reminded them that all their stuff was either blown up on the bus or the train.

"I have an idea. Come on, help me" Annabeth kneeled down to grab Percy. "Careful! If you hit where the poison entered it can make it worse" Corey told them as she helped Percy to his feet. "Are you serious?" Percy groaned. All eyes were on her, "I heard an Apollo kid say it...I think?" Corey gulped.

~Ψ~

"This is your solution?" Corey looked like she was rethinking her life decisions. Percy was sitting in a shallow fountain while Grover and Annabeth splashed him with water. "The water cured him back at camp, it should work for poison too, right?" Annabeth exasperated, splashing Percy harder. "You know, I think it's-- I think it's working" Percy lightly pushed Annabeth away, "This was a great call" He panted as he tried to stand.

Percy immediately fell right back into the water, "Or not" He muttered. "Percy, you can't lie about this! You've been poisoned!" Corey scolded him, kneeling in front of him as she checked his face. "Maybe it needs to be naturally running water for Poseidon to be able to heal him" Annabeth figured as Percy was no better.

Cars honked in the distance, followed by screaming and glass breaking. Corey froze in front of Percy, her body trembling like before. "Seashell" Percy groaned, worried about her more than himself. Corey looked at him as she failed to mask her fear. "I won't let her hurt you" He managed to say as he shuddered in pain. Corey smiled at him, "Let's just get you some help first" She told him, holding his cheek in the way a mother would.

"Okay. We need to get back inside" Annabeth stated the obvious. "No, we need to keep trying" Grover fought her, still splashing water on Percy. "This isn't working. And she's coming" Annabeth pleaded with him as she spotted Echidna walking towards the Arch. Corey turned to Grover, "Grover, it won't matter if it comes back and attacks him again" She told him while keeping Percy up right.

"Okay, look, we'll take Percy inside, and we'll go to the temple's altar" Annabeth told them. "Altar? Where is there an altar?" Grover questioned her, seeing as the Arch was an Arch! "The highest point, the best view" Annabeth panicked, the two standing up while Corey tried her best to shield Percy from any attacks Echidna might throw at them. "Okay, but what good is that even gonna do us?" Grover shouted at her.

"We're gonna get to the altar and we're going to ask my mom for help" Annabeth told them. Corey and Percy looked at Annabeth in shock. This girl went from 'asking for help means we're not worthy' to 'We need fucking help now!'. "I thought we don't ask for help" Percy said as Corey helped him to his feet.