So, Layla wrote a quick response.

Dad,
I understand. I hope Mr Weasley is alright and yes, I do want to be there for the Weasleys. I wish I could have spent Christmas with you but I understand that the Order missions are important.
If you can, I hope I do get to see you for Christmas, but I also get it if your missions take up your time.
I hope you have a good Christmas too, dad. I love you.
With love,
Layla x

Layla handed the letter to Apollo.

"Once you have delivered this to my dad, don't come back here. I won't be here. Go to Grimmauld's Place," said Layla, and then watched as Apollo flew out of the window, before turning away. Layla spotted Willow sat comfortably on her bed and Peaches was roaming the room. "Okay, girls. Into your cages." Layla picked up Willow and placed her into one of the cages before doing the same with Peaches. Once they were in the cages, Layla picked them both up, as well as her trunk with a little difficulty, and left the dorm to meet up with Professor McGonagall and Hermione, as Hermione had already packed and left.

Hermione, Layla, and Professor McGonagall got to Grimmauld's Place via the Knight Bus. With a bang and several bruises from the reckless driving of the wizards' bus, they arrived at Grimmauld's Place. The purple bus disappeared as the two girls stepped out, leaving Professor McGonagall. Number twelve faded into existence, and Hermione knocked on the door. Mrs Weasley answered.

"Hello, girls," she smiled.

"Is Mr Weasley okay?" said Layla. "Dumbledore wouldn't tell us anything."

"Yes, the healers say he'll be fine," said Mrs Weasley, causing both Layla and Hermione to sigh in relief as they entered the house.

Ginny appeared at the foot of the stairs. Layla smiled.

"Hey, Lay. Hey, Hermione."

"Hey, G—"

Layla cut herself off with a gasp of surprise as Ginny grabbed both hers and Hermione's wrists, practically dragging them upstairs and into one of the rooms. Ron was there, too.

"We need to talk," said Ginny.

"Yeah, no kidding," said Layla.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked in concern. Ginny and Ron exchanged a look at the question.

"That's kinda what we need to talk about," said Ron.

"Why?" said Hermione.

"Harry hasn't been talking to us."

"Why?"

"When dad was, you know, attacked," Ron began, "Harry saw it all happen. You-Know-Who has this huge snack, did you know? It was what attacked dad. And Harry — I think he was dreaming — he said it was like he was in the snake's head. He was watching from the snake's point of view."

"And then when we went to see dad in the hospital, we eavesdropped on the adults talking," said Ginny. "And they thought that Harry might have been possessed."

"We have barely seen him since," said Ron. "And, um, Ginny and I were just talking and we think that the only person he'll talk to is Layla."

"Me?" Layla spoke up, her eyes widened. "Why me? We've barely spoken all year. Of course he wouldn't want to speak to me!"

"Believe me, he's been trying to speak to you. You're the one who won't speak to him, remember? Not the other way around," said Ron. "We just think if anyone will get him to talk, it'll be you."

Layla fell silent. Ron and Hermione exchanged looks while Ginny was trying to hide a knowing smirk.

"Fine," Layla finally gave in. "But only because I want to hear from Harry himself what actually happened."