☾ Chapter Nineteen: Chaotic Movie Night ☾

Start from the beginning

Floyd sprinkled in the raisins. "Floyd on raisins."

Branch carried

Branch carried . "Branch on Candy."

The BroZone Brothers gathered around on the kitchen table, grabbing each of their bowls, going into the living room.

"The Ultimate Snack C-C-C-Combo!" The BroZone Brothers said in unison.

Spruce sat on the couch. "Time to watch a movie."

John Dory grabbed the remote. "And I have the perfect movie that we could watch."

~~~

Spruce groaned. "I can't believe we wasted five minutes on the TV remote."

Branch shook his head. "I'm telling you that you might've put the batteries in the wrong way, JD."

John Dory gave him a look. "And why would I make that stupid move, Bitty B? I didn't."

Branch gave him a serious look back. Spruce tried to reason with his older brother, but John Dory didn't listen to him either. Floyd kept opening and closing his mouth.

Clay smirked. "Is the remote broken or something?"

Floyd sighed. "Guys, why don't I take a look—thank you."

Floyd grabbed the TV remote from them as if it was nothing. He checked the batteries and looked all around the remote. He stopped.

"Look what I found." Floyd peeled a piece of tape from the TV remote's sensor.

Spruce gasped and shook his head, knowing who had done it. There was a hush in the living room. John Dory stared at Clay for a minute, who kept laughing at him. And for a moment, Spruce expected his older brother to get angry with Clay, especially when they wasted five minutes of their time with the TV remote. But instead, he smiled and laughed.

"Oh, you got me pretty good, Clay. What a smart way to prank me." John Dory gave Clay a fist bump and they laughed together.

~~~

"But Baby, I can't leave you to die. I....I....I love you."

"Denise....I.....I.........RUN!!"

Spruce sniffled. "I can't believe that we're watching this movie."

Floyd's voice trembled as he held onto Spruce. "Oh my......why did I agree to watch this?" 

Branch shook his head. "There's no way his wife's going to survive that."

Clay faced John Dory. "Bro, why did you pick this movie?"

"Now wait a minute, we all agree to watch it remember?" John Dory said.

~Flashback~