Morning Run

Spoilers for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom ahead!!!

Dawn was breaking over Amnesty Bay. Aurelia and Orm had spent the night at the lighthouse and both stirred awake with the new day.

Both were accustomed at being up at the crack of dawn, he with his lifelong king training and she with her Aquawoman stuff. 

"You want to go on a morning run?" she asked.

He looked perplexed but also intrigued. 

"Come on, there's nothing like a morning run along the beach with the sunrise."

Soon the two were up, dressed - she in a sports bra and yoga pants and he in his classic wetsuit - and were jogging along the sand as the sun came up. 

Or at least she was. 

Aurelia was currently in the lead.  She turned to see how far Orm  was behind her to playfully taunt him a little and a strange - and amusing - sight met her eyes. 

Orm was running, sure, but his legs were out at odd angles, he was bent over at the waist, arms sticking out behind him stiffly, and plowing forward head first. 

It was certainly a sight to behold.

Now she was running backwards, watching him. "Hey Babe?"

"Yes?"

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm running." As if it were the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Okay..." She tried not to laugh. 

"Only I'm not really sure how to run - I've never had to do it."

Well, that made sense - running was not a skill one needed as an ocean dweller. 

"I can see why it would be considered a necessity for Surface Dwellers, but not why one would do it for fun," he panted, still bent over at the waist awkwardly. 

She did laugh this time.  "Not the way you're doing it! Watch me and do what I do: pump your arms in time with your legs!"

"Okay-" He straightened up and watched her, copying her movements the best he could. It was a little stiff, but better. 

"Knees up!" she ordered.

He kicked his knees up, a little comically, but he was moving faster now. 

"There you go!"

"Yeah!"

Suddenly, he was flying past her in a golden blur. "Holy shit!"

"Yeah!"

"Hey, no fair, wait up!" she laughed, pushing herself faster in order to catch up. 

They soon reached the end of the beach.  When she - finally - caught up with him, he was glowing with pride and the exercise. "That was kind of fun."

"Yeah.  High five, you're a natural." He patted her extended palm. "Hey, you know what's also fun? After a morning run?"

"What?"

"A nice hot shower." She grinned. 

"That does sound nice - would you like to go first?"

Well, he'd missed that completely. But it was so cute.  "I meant together."

"Oh-" Now he understood. "That does sound like fun."

(That running scene was so iconic! ;) Thanks so much and I hope you enjoyed! :))