Chapter VI - The greatest gift

Start from the beginning

Amy, Olivia and Lee were also inside the garage, sitting around a long wooden table playing a holographic board game together.  The pink energy beam that was holding the door open for Ryan and Nautica was coming from Amy's right hand, she was using her new powers, of which which she and Ryan had now become quite good at using, to hold the garage door open.

"Hi guys!" Amy happily greeted the pair.

Lee and Olivia quickly shifted their heads round when they noticed their arrival.

"Hey!" Ryan and Nautica both replied at the same time.

Ryan casually stepped into the garage before Amy carefully lowered the large metal door, looking around and admiring the delightful festive decorations as he did so.

Ryan casually stepped into the garage before Amy carefully lowered the large metal door, looking around and admiring the delightful    festive decorations as he did so

"So, Ryan, how was your Christmas yesterday with Nautica?" Lee asked politely.

"It was pretty fun; we just went to see some of my family for the day.  They were all really excited to meet Nautica, which was pretty cool, wasn't it bud?" Ryan responded looking down at Nautica.

"Yeah, I had a great time!" Nautica buzzed happily with his usual smile.

"That's nice, we spent the day here with Ellie and Amy's family" Olivia said, before Amy added "yep, and I slept over" pinging the collar of her pyjama top.

During the conversation, an old wooden door at the back area of the garage quickly swung open, revealing Ellie, who was wearing a purple Christmas jumper and holding a dark metal tray with three mugs of hot chocolate on top.

"Oh, hey you two" she said when she noticed Ryan and Nautica had arrived.

"When did you get here?" she added.

"Just now!" Nautica answered cheerfully.

"Oh, cool, well luckily I got some hot chocolate for you too in advance Ryan!" Ellie commented, walking over to the table and handing out two of the mugs to Amy and Ryan before taking a sip from the other one herself.

Ellie's eyes then shifted to gaze over at the corner of the garage that had been sectioned off and hidden behind thick blue curtains.  Ryan noticed this and asked "how much longer is it going to be until you show us what's in there? You and Molly have been working on it for ages now!" Ellie lowered her mug and smirked.

"Very soon, don't you worry" she replied in quite a suspiciously confident manner.  Ryan then looked over the table to Lee, hoping that he would explain what Ellie might mean by that, however Lee and Olivia both just shrugged, as they were just as confused as Ryan.

"Actually, talking about that just reminded me of something, I'll be right back!" Ellie announced as she quickly left the garage once again through the wooden door with her mug still half full of hot chocolate.

After that, everybody that remained in the garage went completely silent, leaving the Christmas music and the wrath of the winter wind outside to be the only audible sounds.