—✦—

"Kiyomi, where did you go?" Sora whispered. He was worried about his friend when he realized they weren't  together anymore. Rin told him it'd be fine, but still. Kiyomi is his friend, he's bound to worry for his friend.

"Sorry, I thought I saw someone I knew." Kiyomi whispered back.

Kiyomi really just wanted a closer look of the new love interest. He looked like someone he knew once. But now it feels like so long ago.

Someone he knew...? Sora thought to himself. Who could that be?

They all had made it just before their teacher arrived and attendance was being taken.

Rin took an occasional glance towards Kiyomi. Trying to figure out what it is the little fox was thinking of. What cunning plan does he have in mind?

The day continued as normal before lunch time came around. Kiyomi felt like stretching his legs and went to by lunch at the cafeteria. Sora and Rin having stayed behind.

"Kiyomi!" He heard someone call behind him. When he turned to look, it was Issac (who happened to be leaving class and saw him walking by). The shout startled many of the people. Catching the attention of everyone around.

The shout alarmed the many students flocking around Arai as they just barely moved to see what was going on. From the small open space created, Arai saw the same guy he was eyeing just a few hours ago, and his classmate chatting with him.

Hm~ That's interesting...

'You should just leave the poor boy alone.'

Arai ignored the voice he's been hearing since that morning and was about to go after his prey when he saw the same girl from earlier approaching the two just outside the classroom.

"They're twins...?"

"Huh?" One of the peasants surrounding him questioned, "Ohh yeah! The new girl and her brother."

"What are their names?"

"Her name is Kana. She just moved here like three weeks ago? Maybe? Her brother transferred here like a week later. I think he's two classes down."

"I see...what's the brother's name?"

"I don't know, but I can go ask if you want?" The naive little servant hurriedly answered and felt so happy he was having a conversation with their King.

"I'll do it!" Another ran to please.

Arai watched as the two scrambled for his praise. It would have been easier if he did it himself. He would have been able to entice the male while he was at it. But they wanted to please him so badly so how could he refuse.

"What brings you over here?" Issac asked. Twiddling his fingers as a friendly smile spread across his face.

"I was heading to the cafeteria for a snack."

"I was going there, too! Let's walk together—"

"Kiyomi! What are you doing lingering around in front of my class?" Kana questioned, as if what he was doing was absolutely wrong.

"I wasn't lingering! I was passing by."

"Same thing!"

"They're completely different."

To Issac, it seemed like every single time it was just the three of them, the twins begin to quarrel. Like animals fighting over their territory (or property).

"Excuse me." The sudden voice caught the attention of all three. The twins momentarily stopped their little scuffle and glared over at the newcomer.

"I just wanted—"

"We wanted!" Another came up and interrupted the first rather energetically, "to know what your name is." He finished with placing his arm around the other's shoulders in a seemingly friendly manner.

"Who?" The twins synchronized.

"Your brother. We already know your name, Kana. We're in the same class."

"Oh." I don't know their names.

"My name is Kiyomi."

"Kiyomi. That's nice."

"Is that all you wanted to know?"

"Uh, yeah. We'll be going now." They awkwardly shuffled away.

Kana watched as the two weirdos walked back into the classroom. She turned back to continue her argument with her brother, but he was gone! And Issac was no where in sight either.

She huffed in frustration before walking back into her class.

✦