CHAPTER 20

ILMA

"Qualifying day, huh?" I hear Fabio's voice right behind me with his breath making my blood rush. I feel his finger brushing my chin before bringing my face to his for a quick kiss on a lips.

I smile at him, turning around to face him. I haven't expected him to be here this early today or here today at all. Qualifying is usually the day that people in the paddoc skip because the race is much more entertaining for them. I cross my hands on my chest and look up at him.

"You've came?" I ask Fabio with a little tilt of my head. I see him smiling widely as he sees me.

"Yeah, I have tickets for today and tomorrow. It's not like I'm going to miss anything." Fabio answers me before looking somewhere behind my back but I don't look there. I decide to trust him with that. I decide to hope that he isn't checking out any other girl. I see a flash from our left and I look over at the photographer. I sigh before rolling my eyes and trying to ignore the paparazzi.

"I have free time for thirty minutes, then I have to go for sim for a bit." I say, running a hand through my hair because it annoys me. The way it's falling into my eyes is driving me mad. I feel Fabio's hand reaching to my hair and putting the strand of hair behind my ear.

My heart has to stop beating so fast or I'm going to die any moment because of him.

"I still haven't seen you driver's room." he says with a teasing smile which makes me blush a bit but I just give him a look 'you're disgusting' by raising my eye brows. Fabio just laughs and takes my hand in his. This is a sign for me to move and to take him to the only private room I have here. But before we dissapear behind the doors I hear cameras shuttering behind our backs. I don't even look around to see which of the photographers it could be, since I know by face some of them. I know which wanted to see my fall and which wished me good.

I close the doors behind us and I see Fabio sitting on the couch already. His gaze stops on me with a little smirk on his face.

"What is it?" I ask him and walk over to my closet to get my racing suit and fireproofs ready. I'll have to change into them in two hours or so and I know that I won't have any energy to look for them. I'll be in my emotions, stressing over whether I'll do great in qualifying or not. It's still my home race. Now I start slowly freaking off.

But the thing is that I don't want to have a panic attack in front of Fabio. I don't know how he would react. I don't know if he wouldn't be scared and leave all alone because he wouldn't know what to do. Lando would.

It's not like Lando would come here just for me. So I try to calm myself down with fidgeting with my snake ring on my hand as I take a seat next to Fabio on the couch. He looks over at me again.

"What would you say if I said that I have two tickets for a concert?" he asks me, tilting his head to a side.

"Who's concert?" I also respond with a question because it's really important. Who's concert it is. If it would be Taylor Swift I would freak out right here, right now. I wouldn't care. I wanted to go for the Eras Tour with Vic but we didn't have time to out it up in our schedules, the way we would want it.

"I have heard you like that band." he says and pulls the paper tickets out of his leather  jacket's pocket. He lifts it up a bit to his face to read the band's name. "Chase Atlantic?" Fabio looks up at me with his playfull smile. He knew I liked Chase Atlantic. I'm sure he knew.