CHAPTER 11

LANDO

I knock on her doors, running a hand through my hair. I breathe out heavily as I wait for her to open up even though I'm not completly sure if she'll do that. I have a little bit of hope for that.

And even a little bit of it is enough for me to see her face. She leans on the doorframe, wearing a pyjama that I have last seen her in with her hair being just slightly less than perfect but by her face I can tell she's been just sleeping. She runs her hands on her face to wake herself up and that is before she notices it's me. When she does she sighs, takes a step back and almost shuts the door in my face, but I put a feet to block that movement.

"Why would you interrupt my sleep, asshole?" Ilma asks me, still not letting go off of the doors. If not the scene from the last ten secounds I would not believe anyone that she has been asleep. She now looks fully aware of everything that's happening around her and she is already mad at me. Good. At least we can get down to the business without any prep talks.

"Because my PR is corrupting and Lacy wants to quit her job." I say and put a hand on the doors, right above the place that her hand is placed at. Ilma immidiately looks at it and then back at me. "And it's all because of you."

"And why would you assume it's me? Because really, if you were about to have a fall down, don't get me wrong, I would sit there with a drink in my hand and watch it. But as you see..." she points at herself with her free hand. "I'm not drinking and I'm looking like a homeless person at the moment."

I would smirk if the situation wasn't holding such an importance in itself. I simply try tu push the doors a little bit more open so I could get into her apartment. I have already noticed that people were making photos of me so I have taken the longest possible way here, to loose them. But Ilma doesn't know it yet. I will pull it out as my last card if I would want her to do something that she wouldn't do without a threat.

"It's not funny, Angelov." I say instead, with my voice harsh.

"I don't know, for me it's funny enough to get back to sleep, so for fuck's sake... Move, Norris." she pushes the door to close them but I can't let her do that. I push them back and get into her apartment. I'm here for the second time at this summer break. And I would pay every amount of money to not be here again. With that little, annoying girl who thinks that she can change the world just because she wants to.

"Listen to me, Angelova." I see Ilma backing up a bit to be as far away from me as possible. "Why is it always have to be your fault, huh?"

"I haven't done anything, idiot." I'm sure she'd wanna raise her voice but she's still all calmed down even though her eyes tell me the complete opposite.

"You are the only person who could possibly do that." I come over to the kitchen counter, so I could move to another place than her goddamn foyer.

Ilma scoffs and starts complaining about how she has nothing to do with it, whatever I have on my mind. She says that no matter how badly she would want to see my fall she couldn't do that because she's not a player that cheats. She wants to win the championship being fair towards me and herself, and with me having my mind occupied with that hell of a problem it would be the opposite of what she wants.

It wouldn't be a summer break if it didn't end up with a total disaster when it comes to me and Ilma having a big argument which will end up with us being even more competitive on track on the first race after the break. I came up with that thought while already arguing with her.