c⃟ h⃟ a⃟ p⃟ t⃟ e⃟ r⃟ 1⃟ 1⃟

•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦•.˚◦

"Do you wonder what is out there in the cosmos?"

Where was this question coming from, out of the blue? He and Furina were having a quiet breakfast together in the gardens until she had sprung this question onto him suddenly.

Neuvillette paused midway in his chewing. He didn't know how to respond to her question. Neither did he know why she was asking him this in the first place.

Where was this sudden curiosity coming from in the first place anyway? Furina had never expressed any sort of interest in the cosmos before. Neuvillette should know, he had talked about it in his letters for about a year or so.

There was never any notion of Furina being remotely interested in the world beyond the cosmos. At least, until now.

"Neuvillette?" Furina asked in a soft tone, tilting her head slightly at him like a cat, puzzled by his lack of response.

Truth be told, Furina's sudden curiosity about the cosmos made him feel a little uneasy. It was strange. She had only asked him a simple, innocent question, but why was he so unsettled by it? It wasn't as if she was going to leave, right?

Right?

"Neuvillette?" Furina asked again, peering at him with worried eyes when he didn't reply to her. Neuvillette instantly snapped out of his musings to give her a gentle smile.

"Ah, my apologies. Your question gave me much to think about," Neuvillette said as he squashed down on his ridiculous assumptions. He was thinking too much of a simple question out of mere curiosity. Furina was just curious about the world Teyvat, that was all there is to it.

"To be honest, what lies out there in the cosmos does not interest me," Neuvillette admits Furina nods. She did not look too surprised by his answer, probably having expected as much.

Few things interest Neuvillette. Most of the duties he carried out were out of obligation, for the sake of others. Humanity. Fontaine. Honoring their sacrifices.

Aside from the negotiations with the IPC and the diplomatic meetings to benefit Teyvat with trade and alliances, there was not much else out there that would have interested Neuvillette. Besides, even if he was interested, he still couldn't leave Teyvat. Fontaine still needed him, so he couldn't leave even if he wanted to.

There was one matter that was concerning to him, however. Or perhaps he should say he found it to be a pressing concern for all of Teyvat.

The Antimatter Legion, followers of Nanook, the Aeon of Destruction. They were a hostile force to many other factions. They have caused the destruction of many planets across the galaxy.

All just to fulfill the insane and fanatic beliefs of Nanook. That the creation of the Cosmos, of all worlds was a mistake. Neuvillette had scoffed at how ridiculous it was, but he knew they were a foe not to be underestimated.

He worries Teyvat could be their next target. After the defeat of Celestia, Teyvat was left unprotected against any potential invasions. As much as he scorned the usurpers, at the very least, the isolation they had caused Teyvat to enter for many years protected the planet from any possible invasions.

Isolating Teyvat just to protect it from the Antimatter Legion was not a viable solution, at least not anymore. They would have to find other ways to defend themselves, though Neuvillette believes they already had the means to do so.

The IAD, or at least what remains of the Teyvat's branch. The organization was first made known to him by the Tsaritsa, who explained everything about it. What it was, what its members did, and how it broke up after the cataclysm, with most of its members left for dead or missing.