Beginnings, Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the help." Bridge stated as he and Jack clasped hands.

"No problem." replied Jack.

"I bet you anything that we won't get a 'thank you' after this from Mr. grumpy pants over there." said Leah. Sky interrupted the celebration. "There is one problem and you're under arrest." he said.

"But they helped us." Syd stated.

"They are criminals." Sky responds. Sirens of the S.P.D. Jeep alerted them that they were not alone; Commander Cruger arrived. "Cadet Tate, stand down." Commander Cruger ordered.

"Told ya." said Leah.

Z, Jack and Leah were sitting in a jail cell at S.P.D. Cuffs were around Leah's hands, preventing her from teleporting. "I can't believe that these things won't let me teleport." Leah muttered as she looked down at her hands, closed her eyes and tries to teleport again. "Dang it! Who in the world even designed this set of cuffs, anyway?"

Z looks over at Jack. "You had to go back and help." she said. Cruger, along with R.I.C., stood at the entrance.

"Open." he states as the door opens. "Welcome."

Leah looks up at the commander in disbelief. "Really, because I don't feel it and I certainly don't see the welcoming committee behind you." she said, looking over his shoulder before holding out her hands. "Do I really need these on me? They're actually hurting my wrists." Cruger nodded then continued.

"You are at Space Patrol Delta Headquarters, the most advanced center of its kind." the commander explained with his arms.

"You're cops." replied Jack.

"No, Space Patrol Delta. We handle crime and criminals that have a negative impact on this planet." replied Cruger.

"Oh! I'm sorry; I didn't realized that feeding a hungry person was a threat to the planet." Z said sarcastically.

"Hear me out. This academy trains cadets to be the most elite crime fighting force known to man, the Power Rangers. We defend the earth against the darkest evils in the galaxy." Cruger continued.

"Hey, write this down. It would make a great science fiction movie." stated Jack.

"I'll make sure to take notes for ya, Jack." Leah said sarcastically.

"The world has changed and in the upcoming months it will change as no one can imagine." Cruger said, then pointed to the three thieves. "I see potential in you. You can serve your time in prison, or you can become part of something bigger...something that makes a difference."

"Can we think about this?" Z and Leah asked, then looked at Jack. Leah knew exactly what she wanted to do immediately, but didn't know if Z still wanted to do it.

"Of course." said Cruger, as he scratches his chin in thought for a few seconds. "Time's up. Your decision?"

Leah answered first. "I'm in as long as I don't have to wear these cuffs again." she said, raising her cuffed hands. Z glanced at Jack before deciding her fate. In the end, Z chose to join Leah at SPD while Jack was left sitting in a jail cell, thinking it over.

Cruger led Leah and Z to the training area where Sky, Bridge and Syd were tutoring a lower-level class. "Rangers!" Cruger called out. The three cadets saluted and stood at parade rest.

"Elizabeth Delgado and Leah Manx..." Cruger began.

"Hey, remember us?" Z interrupted. "You can call me Z."

"I'm Leah." said Leah.

"Hey." Bridge greets with a wave. Z and Leah both smiled and returned the greeting.