𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

Start from the beginning

quinn had sworn when they first dated that he wouldn't allow anything to hurt her. he had already broken that once, he wouldn't allow for it to happen again.

"dev, you're okay, we're okay" he whispered in her ear, hoping that his touch would bring her out from her frozen state.

tears were silently coating her cheeks, still frozen in shock and fear. all she could do was grip quinn's hand tightly on hers, not even able to mutter a word.

she wasn't even aware quinn had quietly dialed the emergency hotline, explaining their situation and location. not even aware that he was desperately trying to make her snap back while whispering things into her ear.

after what seemed like decades, but was actually an hour, the silence became deafening. quinn didn't know what to do, he had a shivering devon in his arms and the grip she had on his hand prohibited him from moving at all.

after a while, someone's hesitant footsteps alerted quinn. he tried to stay calm, holding her tightly and putting a hand over her mouth in precaution.

"is anyone here?" he heard someone ask quietly. devon's eyes widened considerably, shakily removing his hand from her mouth.

"kevin. it's kevin" she shakily said with a sore throat, pointing in the direction of the voice. quinn was confused as fuck but the steps coming closer were scaring him.

"dev? are you okay?" a male voice asked, rounding the corner and finally catching sight of the couple huddled up together on the floor.

quinn's chest was erratically moving up and down, confused at the whole thing. for all he knew, this guy could be one of the shooters and he seemed to know devon.

"quinn" she whispered, looking at him hopefully.

for some reason, in her shocked state, she still managed to fill quinn with calmness, making him bedgruginly look at the guy standing in front of them "who are you?"

"i'm the manager of the place, the police are outside. the place is clear, i'm sorry if i scared you" the guy said sheepishly, nodding at them once and walking away, leaving quinn to breath deeply and lean back on the wall.

quinn somehow managed to stand up without letting go of her hand, leaning down to grab her waist and carefully getting her up.

he gently hoisted her up, supporting her weight by putting one arm underneath her and the other cradling her head to his chest as she wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his waist for support "i'm sorry" she whispered shakily, leaning her head on his shoulder as he cautiously started to walk out of their hiding place.

"why are you apologizing?" he quietly asked, threading his hand through her hair softly.

"i don't know"

quinn just kissed the side of her face gently, completely ignoring the cops surrounding the place and walking to his car with devon on his arms.

he quickly drove them home, carrying her up to her apartment silently as she clinged into him. the couple eerily walked into the apartment, ignoring jule's calls for them and locking themselves in the room. laying awake for hours just clinging into each other's hands. in complete, and utter, silence.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

devon felt like she was dead.

it felt like she was floating around in the middle of an ocean, completely in the dark in utter and complete silence.

she wasn't sure she was still breathing. her body was too still for it to be alive, too unresponsive.

she slowly opened her eyes, finding herself alone in her bedroom. she thought she would've panicked but her body was too drained from energy she couldn't even do that.