Chapter 3 - True Colours

Start from the beginning

Pepa: (nervously) I just want to know if you're okay.

Dolores: (annoyed) Is this about Mariano's murder, is it?

Pepa: (calmly) I know you had romantic feelings for him years ago.

Dolores: (annoyed) Yeah, and then he dumped me and humiliated me in front of everyone. Not to help, my curse made me hear all of the laughter.

Dolores feels a nervous twitch up her spine. She, for the first time, told someone how she truly felt about her gift as a curse. Fortunately for her, Pepa doesn't pick up on Dolores' admission.

Pepa: (guiltily) I know, we all were shocked and disgusted by him afterward, but you don't seem affected. Well, now his face is blown to kingdom come.

Dolores grumbles at Pepa's naivety to the mental state of her daughter.

Pepa: (nervously) Listen, Dolores, I need you to promise me something, something you must not tell anyone.

Dolores: (curiously) Yes, mother.

Pepa: (on the verge of tears) These past two days have shown similarities to events that happened to your Abuela and your Grandfather fifty years ago. I fear history will repeat itself, and the miracle will not be able to save some of us. If I am right, then I need you to promise me, if anything happens to me and your father, I want you to take Camilo and Antonio and run far away from here, and don't let anyone stop you, not even Abuela.

Dolores: (surprised) Mother, are you okay? I've never heard you say anything like this.

Pepa: (tearfully) Dolores, promise me you'll do anything it takes to protect your brothers. PROMISE ME you'll save them.

Dolores: (acting) Mother, I-

Pepa: (insistently) Dolores, promise me.

Suddenly, a flying figure bursts through the window and grabs Dolores, crashing through the walls of Casita into the middle of the building.

Pepa: (screaming) DOLORES!

The noise gathers the whole Madrigal family into the middle of the house as they come face to face with a flying metal demon, Drilltron, the second in command of the mysterious villain forces, holding Dolores tightly.

Abuela: (determined) Release her immediately.

Drilltron: (mockingly) You think I'm taking orders from you, Alma?

Abuela: (sternly) How do you know my name?

Drilltron: (mockingly) Information is key when planning any scheme.

Abuela: (sternly) What do you want here? This valley is a peaceful place.

Drilltron: (mockingly) Oh boy, you're as naive as the boss says. I may have been created a month ago, but I'm not an idiot.

Abuela: (sternly) Answer me.

Drilltron: (mockingly) I'm sorry, but I believe I'm the one with the hostage. I've already killed her ex brutally.

Mirabel: (angrily) So you killed Mariano.

Drilltron: (mockingly) We always planned to kill him. Fortunately, I was able to kill him earlier than planned. Luckily due to some... issues, luckily we're now back on schedule.

Abuela: (sternly) You have no right to do this.

Drilltron: (mockingly) Legally, we can do whatever we want. This valley doesn't have a professional legal system. Besides, there is no law on any part of this planet about attempting to bring an end to the magical candle, is there? Now I'll be leaving now with my boss's prize. Bye-bye.

Without hesitation, Drilltron flies away with Dolores into the sky as the weather becomes rainy.

Pepa: (screaming) DOLORES!

Felix: (regretfully) Pepa dear, there's nothing we can do.

Pepa: (tearfully) There has to be. She's our daughter. We can't let her be taken.

Abuela: (horrified) Dolores is gone, but we will find her, even if it takes years.

Camilo: (horrified) But why would that thing want Dolores? Why her?

Abuela: (defeated) To keep secrets. Dolores hears everything. I believe they don't want such a risk living in our home.

Isabela: (horrified) Are they gonna-

Abuela: (interrupting) If they wanted Dolores dead, that thing would have killed her on the spot. I fear they kidnapped her for much darker reasons.

-

Near the edge of the valley behind a few mountains, Drilltron flies towards a lake of pure red water with a tall black mountain, red water flowing down it, with a cold fortress engulfed by red air making it and the area seem like the definition of hell on earth.

Drilltron flies inside the main room through the balcony, a dark gray throne room featuring a boxy metal throne in the middle alongside several control panels with screens on some walls featuring exit doors at the sides of the throne.

Drilltron places Dolores down carefully as Dolores turns to him.

Dolores: (annoyed) What took you so long?

Drilltron: (calmly) Sorry, boss, I was occupied cleaning up my little mess I caused.

Dolores: (determined) No matter. You played your act well. The Madrigals believe I was kidnapped. They have no idea I am the traitor. For once in my miserable excuse for a life, my curse proved useful to me. Now we watch them crumble.

Drilltron: (nervously) A brilliant scheme, master.

Dolores: (determined) A brilliant scheme indeed. With Railtron back in our possession after we had her destroy half the village in our first attack and Hija hiding in the walls of Casita, now I can begin the experiment.

Dolores pulls out the shard from the miracle candle Hija cut off, holding it in her hand.

Dolores: (smirking) It's time to go to war.