Chapter 3 - New Arrivals

Start from the beginning

"She has a severe concussion. Byron is out of commission. Who do these kids think they are?"

Fury starts to get up, pulling Glace up along with her. Glace falls right back down, vomiting while on her knees. Fury curses under her breath, walking to the new formed group of 6 kids.

"Are those 2 new ones with them? Or are those the ones Ieda was talking about?"

The white-haired boy's staff disappears into sparks of energy, and he conjures a partial shield blocking attacks from Fury's line of sight. Pulling Remi down the crouch by the small barrier, he points to Blyke and Isen, signing to bring the two behind the barrier. Remi obliges, and grabs the two.

"I don't have much of a choice."

The boy grabs Brims, and drags his unconscious body past the barrier, in front of the barrier. Remi drops Blyke and Isen, and spots Brims.

"Wait, don't! –"

The boy holds his hand up, signaling for her to stop. He drops Brims's body, and a white staff appears in his right hand. Remi struggles to get up, but stands, panting, blood draining down her arms and face.

The other brown-haired boy now arrives with Kuyo, who drops to one knee, coughing..

"Remi, do you know these 2?"

"No."

Fury stops a few feet away from the white haired boy, who continues to stand ground, staying in the way of her.

"Now's your chance to convince her to let us leave."

"What?"

Kuyo looks up at the brown-haired boy, a little surprised by his suggestion, but quickly comes to a silent agreement. He stands and walks beside the other boy, slowly forming a blade, shuddering with the exertion, and points to Brims and Glace with it.

"He's dying, and she has head trauma. My friends badly need medical help... and so do yours."

Isen, mostly conscious and on one knee, glances around to see Blyke lying on the ground unconscious, and Remi on one knee, in even worse condition than he is. He continues panting, but looks back to his remaining ally standing, and the 2 newcomers.

"Let us go... for both our benefit. The blades on his hands will disappear once I'm far enough away."

"...Or if I kill you. Don't take me for a fool. I know you're weakened, and the brown-haired boy is clearly a weakling. That ranged blast isn't something he can do again."

The two boys look at each other, thinking the same thing.

"She already figured it out?"

"That'll take too long. You don't know if you can take all 3 of us, and Brims will bleed out along with the other's permanent brain damage before you get the chance to kill us all...

...So... what's it gonna be?"

Obvious frustration from Fury is expressed in the furrows of her brows, but she eventually turns off her ability, and she unclasps her fingers, claws retracting.

"... Get out of my sight."

Blyke and Remi lay unconscious against the alley wall, with Kuyo and the brown-haired boy leaning against the wall, arms crossed, and Isen standing over the two injured friends

Blyke and Remi lay unconscious against the alley wall, with Kuyo and the brown-haired boy leaning against the wall, arms crossed, and Isen standing over the two injured friends. Kuyo notices Isen's increasing panic.

"Their breathing is getting fainter. We can't wait around anymore! We have to get them to a hospital!"

"That's out of the question."

"WHY?!"

"Authorities won't let us off after what we just pulled. They'll be at every hospital, looking for us. That's the worst place we can be right now."

"So you'd rather we sit around and let them die??"

Kuyo remains silent, looking away. The brown-haired boy starts walking towards the two injured. Isen gets in Kuyo's face.

"This all happened because of you! These two finally quit vigilantism for good... Then you showed up out of nowhere and dragged them back in! Now look at them! This is all your fault!"

"Quiet! I'm trying to think."

Isen backs off, turning back to the other 3.

"Yeah, okay. Take your time, genius. I'm gonna go find some real – Hey, what do you think you're doing, man!? Don't touch them!"

The brown-haired boy gets up and stands face to face with Isen.

"My name is Alvah. You can call me Alvy. And I think I can help them. Only temporarily, though, I'm not a healer."

Isen does a double take.

"Wait, who the fuck even are you? The both of you. I need answers."

Kuyo steps towards the two.

"He's not the only one."

"Talk."

unOrdinary | Vigilante

1012 Words

Bonus.

Thank you to my patrons:

Flugel123