Just Like Normal

Começar do início

    "I shouldn't have to explain myself to everybody! I'm the captain, damn it!"

    "Well I think it's sweet" Robin said softly.

     "I agree. I think it's about damn time." Nami agreed.

   "Hey, keep your comments to yourselves, guys. The mushy stuff that I decide to do is my mushy stuff. Not yours. K?" Luffy sneered. "Geez, I really don't feel like having this conversation. With anybody."

    "Well, I'm just worried. Did you think this through, Luffy?" Usopp said.

    "Believe it or not, I did."

    "Well what do you plan to do now?"

    "What do you mean? Everything is fine now!"

    "What is that supposed to mean?!" Nami interjected.

     "I mean I don't have to worry about Misaki kissing other guys!" Luffy announced. Everybody grew silent. Suddenly, he didn't feel as confident with his statement. "Uh... I mean.... Right? Everything should get back to normal now, right?"

   "Well, did you guys talk about any of that?"

    "Well, no... but... well, I gave her a bracelet."

     "Well that was nice of you!" Robin said. "But did you tell her that this was or wasn't a one time thing? Or that you wanted her to only ever kiss you?"

     "I kind of just let my actions speak." Luffy said, scratching his head. Everybody looked at each other.

    "Well, if you think everything is going back to normal, you might be wrong there. And if you don't clarify anything with her, it might not be too good either." Nami said. "For all you know, she could be thinking this is an open thing, and she can do as she pleases."

    "You mean with other guys?!" Luffy said, his eyes growing big. "Misaki wouldn't do that! Besides, I already told her I didn't want her kissing another guy a while ago."

    "You what?!" The all exclaimed. Luffy crossed his arms and looked away.

     "Yeah. You guys will see. Everything will be just like normal. Except now I can openly say I like Misaki." Everybody gawked for a moment. Luffy closed his eyes, nodding to himself. They all knew he liked Misaki, well except maybe chopper, but they never thought he would openly admit it, or act upon it. But they still worried what he meant by 'back to normal'. That could mean anything for Luffy.

             __________________

       I laid back on the couch in the aquarium, pouring through a neat book that Robin gave me. It was amazing to think that there were good writers from every genre in this world. Reading was a great form of escape for me when I was overwhelmed. Not that I was really overwhelmed as much as I was worried. I wondered exactly how we all planned to move forward from here. I didn't know if the night before was a declaration, a way to claim me, or just Luffy acting on impulse. My gaze shifted to the bracelet — the only reassurance that at least some thought went into last night's actions.

    But still. That nonchalant way of bringing it about still rang in my mind.

      Hey Misaki, wanna kiss?

     I was just curious.

     So, you wanna?

    It just seemed like maybe he didn't think of it as any more than kissing practice. I shook my head and looked back at the bracelet. No, if that was it, he wouldn't have kept kissing me, and he wouldn't have said there'd be a next time. Now that she was thinking about it, did he even say that? Or was she making it up in her lovesick mind?

Ugh, I have to go back in this book, I keep getting distracted. I flipped back a couple pages and started reading again. It was hard not to let my mind wander, but it was annoying that I flipped through so many pages without absorbing a single word.

     "Watcha readin'?"

     "Nothing much" I muttered. I did a double take, realizing I was no longer alone.

     "Luffy." I breathed. He chuckled, grabbing his ankles in his sitting position and rocking a little. Damn, that was cute.

     "Hey Misaki. I was wondering where you snuck off to." Luffy said, looking down at me. He sat behind my head, making me have to look up at him. I closed my book, hugging it to my chest. He pointed at my wrist. "You're wearing it. Looks nice." He commented.

    "Oh yeah, the bracelet. Well I really like it." I said, blushing.

    "I like that you're wearing it." Luffy chuckled, his eyes squinting as he smiled. I laid there for a moment, looking up at him. My eyebrows raised, waiting for him to expand on that comment.

     I realized after a moment that he didn't have much to say after that. I picked my book back up to find my place again, clearing my throat.

     "Misaki?"

     "Yes?" I said, still looking at my book.

      "You don't plan on kissing anybody else, do you?"

     "Do you?" I echoed, still looking at the book. Luffy crinkled his nose. I turned my page, waiting for a response.

    "I thought it was pretty clear that I don't want to kiss anybody else." Luffy stated.  I turned the page, despite not reading a single word.

    "Well... same..." I mumbled.

    "You mean it?" Luffy grinned, grabbing my head and making me look at him. I couldn't help but chuckle.

     "Yeah. Only kissing the Captain from here on out." I swooned. Luffy leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips. This kiss was so gentle and filled with joy. Short and sweet. Too short. I reached up, grabbing his collar and pulling him back down for another one, taking a big breath in as our lips met. I could feel his hands twitch as we kissed again. I let go of his collar and let him sit up. I sighed, going back to my book.

    "So things will be just like normal."

    "Except us."

    "Yeah, except us." He agreed.