2 • Forgotten Affections

Start from the beginning

Restlessness consumed Neil, and he tried to press for more details. "But mujhe janna hai. What happened? Yuvii...yuvika thik toh hojayegi na?" His voice trembled with a mixture of fear and frustration.

A kind but firm nurse approached Neil, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Sir, I understand your concern, but we need you to remain calm. Hum sab apna best koshish kar rahe hai. Right now, hum apko koi information nahi de sakte. So please...excuse."

Neil, unable to contain the storm of emotions within him, sank into the chair in the waiting area. His hands shook as he clutched the edges of the seat, his mind swirling with thoughts of Yuvika's well-being. Vidur, recognizing Neil's distress, sat beside him and placed a comforting hand on his back. "Neil, betu, try to take a deep breath. Yuvika ko kuch nahi hoga!"

Neil, his eyes welling with tears, turned to Vidur for solace. "Papa, I can't lose her. She means everything to me. Agar usse kuch hogaya na toh....toh..."

Vidur interrupted Neil's spiraling thoughts, speaking with a steady reassurance, "Neil, betu, we need to stay positive. Bharosa rakho betu!"

Neil nodded, a silent acknowledgment of the truth in Vidur's words. The weight of the situation bore heavily on him, but Vidur's calming presence offered a glimmer of support amidst the uncertainty. In a moment of vulnerability, Vidur wrapped an arm around Neil's shoulders, whispering softly, "Sab thik hojayega."

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

While Neil anxiously waited in the hospital, Bhoomi, Yuvika's mother, sat in the corner of the waiting room, her hands clasped tightly in prayer. Her eyes, red and swollen from tears, gazed at the closed door that separated her from Yuvika's fate. Dadababu, the patriarch of the Mahajan family, approached Bhoomi with a heavy heart. His tall and stoic figure softened as he sat beside her, offering a comforting presence. Bhoomi looked up, her eyes pleading for answers that Dadababu wished he could provide.

"Dadababu," Bhoomi whispered, her voice quivering with a mixture of fear and sorrow. "Meri bacchi...." Dadababu, a man of few words but profound wisdom, placed a gentle hand on Bhoomi's trembling shoulder. "Bhoomi bete, tum chinta mat karo. Hamari Yuvika bahot sahasi hai. Usse kuch nahi hoga. Aur yeh mera vachan hai"

Bhoomi nodded, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. "Vachan toh apne Prem ke liye bhi diya tha Dadababu, lekin phir bhi....." Dadababu sighed, feeling the weight of Bhoomi's anguish. Isha and Arjun embraced their mom with a heavy heart.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

After hours of anxious waiting, the moment arrived when Neil, Bhoomi, and the Mahajans were finally allowed to enter the room where Yuvika lay. Machines softly hummed, and the sterile scent of the hospital filled the air as they approached her bedside.

Yuvika lay still, her eyes open but distant. The room fell into a hushed silence as the family gathered around her, their worry etched on their faces. Neil, holding back tears, took Yuvika's hand gently, searching for a sign of recognition in her vacant gaze.

Bhoomi, unable to contain her concern, spoke with a quiver in her voice, "Yuvika, beta, kaisa lag raha hai ab?"

Yuvika's eyes struggled to focus on the faces surrounding her. The effort to process the images before her was evident in her furrowed brow. She winced as a dull pang throbbed in her head, and a hand instinctively went to the bandage wrapped around it.

"Mujhe....mujhe kuch yaad nahi araha," Yuvika whispered, her voice strained. "It's all a blur." Her eyes darted around the room, trying to piece together the fragments of her surroundings. Yuvika looked at Neil, who was holding her hand and looking very impatient.

"Tum....," she murmured, a faint smile playing on her lips. "kaun ho tum? Your face seems familiar..."

Neil's heart sank at the sound of her words, and he tightened his grip on her hand. "Yuvika, it's me...Neil."

As Yuvika's vision slowly cleared, the faces of her family came into focus. Bhoomi's worried expression, Vidur's comforting presence, and the concern etched on everyone's faces told her that something significant had happened. Yet, the details eluded her.

A nurse entered the room, checking the monitors and adjusting the IV. She observed the family gathering and stepped forward to offer some insight. "Yuvika ma'am has just got operated. Unko sar par bahot gehri chott ayi thi. It's not very uncommon in such cases for the patients to have a temporary memory loss."

Bhoomi nodded, her eyes brimming with gratitude for the nurse's explanation. Yuvika, though still indifferent to the details, could sense the love and concern radiating from her family. As the room filled with a mix of emotions, Yuvika closed her eyes, letting the support of her loved ones surround her like a comforting embrace, even as the fragments of memory eluded her grasp.

The room echoed with the heavy silence of unspoken grief. Neil, his heart shattered by the revelation that Yuvika had forgotten him, stood in a somber trance. The weight of his emotions was palpable as he glanced at the tray beside Yuvika's bed, where an engagement ring, once a symbol of their shared dreams, now rested with blood stains, stark reminders of the accident.

Neil's eyes fixated on the ring, memories flooding back of the day he had slipped it onto Yuvika's finger, promising a lifetime of love and companionship. The blood stains, however, told a different story - a story of pain, loss, and a love hanging precariously in the balance.

Unable to articulate the depth of his emotions, Neil's gaze lingered on the ring, a silent witness to the shattered dreams that now lay in fragments. He reached for the ring, his fingers brushing against the cool metal, and memories of their shared laughter, whispered promises, and stolen moments rushed through his mind.

Bhoomi, sensing Neil's anguish, approached him with a gentle touch on his shoulder. "Neil, beta, tum fikar mat karo. Hum sab hai na? Hum Yuvika ko yaad dilwane ki poori koshish karenge. Bas tum himmat mat haro."

Neil nodded, unable to find words. His eyes met Bhoomi's, gratitude mixed with sorrow, and he reluctantly placed the blood-stained ring back on the tray. The room felt heavy with unspoken grief, and as Neil turned his attention back to Yuvika, he saw her looking at the ring with a detached curiosity, as if it held no significance.

In that moment, Neil's silent pain was amplified by the symbolism of the ring - a tangible representation of the love they had shared, now tainted by the harsh reality of Yuvika's forgotten memories. The journey ahead seemed daunting, filled with uncertainties, but Neil, though broken, vowed to stand by Yuvika's side, hoping that time would weave back the threads of their lost connection.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

In quiet chambers, love's memory wanes,

Blood-stained token, fractured remains.

Silent tears in a room of quiet despair,

A broken heart, a love lost in the air.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

Dear Readers,

As I pen down these chapters, I am profoundly grateful for the opportunity to share this emotional journey with each one of you. Your readership and engagement mean a lot to me. Thank you for joining me on this emotional rollercoaster, for allowing the characters to weave their stories into your hearts.

Regards!