Prologue

EMILY

As the waves crashed against the rugged shoreline, I stood at the edge of the cliff, my heart heavy with grief. The salty sea breeze caressed my tear-stained face as I clutched onto a faded photograph of my late father, David. It had been a year since his untimely demise, yet the pain felt as fresh as the day he left this world. He had a car accident on his way back home but it was shocking because dad was a good driver and he had never had an accident before, so his sudden death raised alarms, well to me since everyone has moved on with their lives including my mother who claimed to love him.

As much as I would like to sit here and reminisce about my dad, I need to return back home before my mom and stepdad ( yep you read that right! it has only been 14 months since daddy died and my mom has already replaced him) notice that I'm gone, besides I have school in the morning.

My door busts open just as I was drifting off to sleep "wake up you stupid child!" my mother yells holding my door knob "start preparing breakfast and this house better be clean by the time I've finished taking a shower" and she's gone within a second.

smh I turn to glance at the clock on my bedside table and it's 6:30am meaning that I have less than 45 minutes to prepare breakfast, do chores and also prepare for school. I quickly get up and run to the bathroom which is on the other side of the house since my bedroom is in the basement. I brush my teeth and take a quick shower and wrap a towel around my body then I run back to my room before mom's husband, Bruce, sees me. The weather was a bit chilly today, so I wore my blue tracksuit set which had an oversized hoodie and my white socks with Uggs. As for makeup I only put on mascara and lipgloss and put my hair up in a messy bun. I quickly made breakfast, which was just eggs, toast and coffee.

*this was what i had in mind but feel free to use your imagination*

Soon enough I was out the door and walking to school, I do have a car but I'm afraid of driving after what happened to my dad so I either walk to school or use the train. I could ask my "friends" to drop me off but I'd rather not. I check the time on my phone and I'm already late for register so I wont even bother hurrying up.

By the time I get to school it's the first period so I quickly walk over to my locker and grab my binder before I make my way to calculus which ends sooner than I had anticipated. Soon enough its lunch time so I head up to the cafeteria and join my "friends".

"hey EM " they all say in unison looking way too excited for my liking, except for Natalie who looked annoyed "hey" I replied awkwardly waving my hand " what's up? Natalie is everything ok?" I asked the annoyed Natalie who looked like she was about to gouge her eyes out "oh nothing, just that these little twits can't find anything else to talk about except Jumin or Janbook from the BTS" she said through gritted teeth while glaring at the girls " its actually RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook" Harper shot back while rolling her eyes while the rest of the girls shot death stares at Natalie. " I don't give two fuc-" "OK that's enough" I said cutting Natalie off before she could finish her sentence. " Just calm down! there's no reason for ya'll to be fighting over this" I said trying to get everybody to calm down before they start saying things they'll later regret. "whatever, atleast I'm not d*ck riding a bunch of men that don't even know about my existence" Natalie said while rolling her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest "oh right I'm sorry, I forgot that you'd rather ride and gag on other people's boyfriends right? after all, you did take after your mother " Jessica said looking proud of the words she uttered while the rest of us turned in surprise at what she said , we all thought she was the softie in the group, "like mother, like daughter" Harper and Ariel finished off in unison with a smug grin on their faces then they high fived as if it was the best thing they have ever said in their entire existence. Before anyone could utter anything else, Natalie took her bag and stormed out of the cafeteria before I could stop her.

I looked at Harper, Jessica and Ariel and they couldn't be bothered with what just happened and you could tell that they didn't regret it either. I turned to look at Anna and she was just as shocked as I was.

well what do yall think? 😅 you've had a small glimpse of Emily's or EM's life

what do you think of her friends? 🧐do you blame them for what they said to Natalie?

they were defending their favorite band after all so 🤷‍♀️

should i continue the story or should i just quit writing😥

PLEASE COMMENT, LIKE, AND FOLLOW😊❤