The Weirdo on Maple Street pt.2

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The trio rushed down the stairs but it was too late as Mike's mom had already came in so they had to run back upstairs again.

"Ted? Is that you?" Mike's mom called out.

"Just me mom."

"Mike? What are you doing home?"

" One second!" Mike yelled as he pulled the girls in his room.

"In here. I'll be right back okay."

He opened the closet and gestured them to hide. Alex understood and instantly got inside but El stood there mortified.

"Please, you have to get in, or my mom, she'll find you." Mike said pleadingly but El didn't bulge at all.

"Please, El. Come in. It'll be alright okay. I'm gonna be here for you." Alex said comfortingly.

"I won't tell her about you. I promise." Mike said.

"Promise?" El asked not knowing the word.

"It means something you can't break ever." Alex said explaining.

"Michael?" The sound of Mike's mom was getting louder.

"Please." Mike and Alex both begged in union.

El hesitantly got inside the closet and sat really close to Alex, clutching her hands in hers. Mike closed the door and the whole environment went black.

The only sound that was coming was the heavy breathing of El. Alex knew she was having flashbacks of the dark room in the lab where their 'Papa' would put them to discipline them if they ever misbehaved.

Alex also knew that as much as El feared that dark room, Alex did too. She didn't really get used to small spaces as she thought. At that time a flashback came flooding in her mind.

'Papa!' a girl screamed as she tried breaking away from the hands of two men.

The two men were dragging her towards a dark room at the very end of the corridor in a lab. The girl screamed and screamed at her 'Papa' for help hoping that he would help her. But she just stood there motionlessly, with no expressions.

As they at the entrance of the room, the both men pushed the girl on the floor. The door closed and it went all black. The girl screamed for her 'Papa' as she banged on the door loudly hoping he would let her out. But, alas, no one came and the girl shrinked on the floor at the corner of the dark room, crying.

Alex began sobbing quietly as she looked at her sister beside her who was having the same kind of reactions. Both the girls held each other closely as Alex tried to comfort her sister.

****

After their school, Lucas and Dustin immediately went to Mike's house. When they went up to Mike's house they found Eleven and Alex sitting beside each other on Mike's bed.

"Are you out of your mind!?" Lucas yelled at Mike.

"Just listen to me, okay?" Mike said.

"You are out of your mind." Lucas yelled again not listening to any words of Mike.

"He knows about Will" Alex interrupted.

"What do you mean, 'sge knows about Will'?" Dustin asked making Mike go and fetch their science fair picture from the bookshelf.

"She pointed at him, at this picture. She knew he was missing. I could tell."

"You could tell!?" Lucas said angrily.

"Just think about it." Alex said coming in between the boys to prevent any fighting.

"Do you really think it was a coincidence that we found her on Mirkwood? The same place where Will disappeared?" Alex continued.