Chapter 8 : Cleanse in the Darkness Outside!

(3RD POV)
[While the Elysia and the others rests at Goethe Hotel, Seele and Bronya converse privately at the orphanage.]
Seele: "Over there, see that? That used to be the worst street in Rivet Town... and it's also where I grew up. My friends and I used to wander those streets thinking about where to find our next meal. That is, until Chief Oleg got me out and took me to the orphanage. There I learned to read and write from Natasha. At the age of 10, I started to patrol the mines with Oleg, occasionally getting into fights with the local thugs..."

[It seems Seele tries to cheer Bronya up after they all know that harsh truth from Svarog.]
Bronya: "...That sounds nice."
Seele: "Nice? You being sarcastic with me?"
Bronya: "Oh! No, sorry. Life in the Underworld is difficult, I shouldn't be speaking about it so lightly."

[Seele sighed in annoyance. But even so, she just smiles slightly at Bronya.]
Seele: "You're always so serious... It really gets on people's nerves sometimes, you know?"
Bronya: "Right... Uh, what I meant was... I kind of envy you, Seele. For as long as I can remember, my days have been an endless cycle of studying, etiquette lessons, and training."

[Bronya remembers about her past.]
Bronya: "Every day all I hear is "Remember who you are, Bronya," "This is against the Architects' Admonishments, Bronya," "Ladies shouldn't use such foul language, Bronya"."

[Bronya just sighed in sadness.]
Bronya: "Some may envy this kind of life, but I have felt... trapped. When every choice and every goal has already been made for you... You probably can't imagine how that feels."
Seele: "...No, I can't... But more importantly, what kind of "foul language" were you using?
Bronya: ..."

[Bronya chuckles for a moment, and...]
Bronya: "In the name of the Architects, I shall stick this spear into your nostril!"

[Seele blinks twice. Then, she laughed as she holds her stomach.]
Seele: "Hahaha~ that's it? That's nothing. Looks like I'll have to teach you some Underworld slang before you go back."
Bronya: "No, no, that won't be necessary."
Seele: "It'll be better than poking people's nostrils at least..."

[Seele and Bronya chuckles in unison. And...]
Seele: "I never thought that I'd be here having a heart-to-heart with the future guardian. As a kid, I didn't meet many people who lived in the Overworld. I only heard stories from the grown-ups and figured you were all just a bunch of cold snobs."
Bronya: "I've heard from some Silvermane veterans that before the orders were made to seal off the Underworld from the Overworld, there was no difference between the two places. Everybody ate the same food, chatted about the same topics, celebrated the same festivals... Even though times are different now, things like the joys and sorrows of life, the ties between people... These precious things must certainly still connect us all. If there is a way to bridge the gap between the two worlds, we can definitely go back to the time when you and I were not divided. When we could stand side by side against the Eternal Freeze and the Fragmentum."

[Seele fall silent as her eyes keep looking at Bronya. She just pats Bronya's shoulder.]
Seele: "I'm not like you. I don't have that many grand plans for the future. But... if that's the future you want, I'm willing to build this bridge with you."
Bronya: "Thank you, Seele. Your trust is very important to me."

[Despite their laugh, Seele still worries for Bronya. She tries to ask her about her next step.]
Seele: "Speaking of which, what are you going to do next? What Svarog revealed must've made quite an impact, huh..."
Bronya: "...Yes, I thought I was prepared for anything, but... As long as I am the guardian's successor, those truths will come out sooner or later. But why does my mother hide it from me, and why does she want me to hunt down the outsiders who know about the nature of the Stellaron... It just... it doesn't make sense. And... I've thought it over. There's only one thing I can do - go ask her directly."