Chapter One: The Aftermath

[N]

Demi lay entranced as the frigid girl curls herself up against her in the backseat of the SUV. What on earth did she just do?! She actually...fed on someone. Knowing the girl's fate, her heart rate began to pick up, her lip lifting itself to be clamped between her pearly white teeth.

"Demi.." she whispered nearly lifelessly, lazily lifting a careful hand up to caress the spot on her chest that protected her pulsating heart. "Calm down, I can hear your heartbeat." She whispers. As if on perfect cue, Demi's heartbeat slows down at the sound of her voice.

"I'm sorry, sweet girl. Come here." She whispered, cupping the girl's face in her hands and sloppily pressing a kiss to her soft lips. She knew she couldn't stay here for long. She had a life outside of just this bar, or at least that's what she picked up from just this time she's spent with her. The oblivious girl lay beneath her, letting her tiredness consume her soft body.

On that, Demi arose. Scrambling to tidy both her lover and herself up at a mere supernatural speed. Careful not to wake her, she climbs into the front seat and begins her journey back into town. She knew you couldn't come home with her, so she used her mind. Allowing her intuition to guide her way, she ended up outside of your apartment building in a matter of minutes.

As she carries you upstairs, a burning sensation crawls up her shoulders, coercing her to turn around. Whilst Demi slowly turns around, the sensation subsided as she comes face to face with her apartment door. Apartment number 920. The raven haired woman, too lazy to reach into the girl's purse for her keys, inhales a deep yet shallow breath before focusing all of her energy on your lock.

Her baby blue eyes begin shaking at the sudden weight placed on them. Nevertheless, Demi smirks at the sudden clicking sound coming from behind the door. Curling her slender fingers around the cold, steel handle, She enters the girl's apartment - eyebrows furrowing at its messiness - she makes her way into the master bedroom.

Laying the exhausted girl on the bed, Demi pulls the angelic white bedsheets over her slender body. Demi exhaled a breath of despair, she hadn't taken a proper moment to admire the girl's beauty - gorgeous chestnut eyes, caramel skin, and beautiful big curly brown hair. She was like nothing Demi had ever seen in her countless days, and her taste...

It fully pained Demi to have to leave her, especially in the predicament she would be in, but she found it better to leave her than to watch her turn into...what she herself was. "My sweet girl..." she whispered, caressing the hair that fell just slightly across her forehead. Leaning down, Demi presses her lips to hers, savoring the feeling of the sweetest kiss she'd ever received.

Before taking her much avoided leave, Demi made sure to scramble up a piece of paper and pen, to explain herself. It was the least she could do to make up for what she had set her up for.

Finishing up, she set the note on the opposite side of the bed along with the pen laying delicately across the top. As Demi makes her way to her bedroom door, she stops and turns around to admire her beauty before once again disappearing into the night.