On the Edge

Hi folks!

It's just straight up smut today 😂 enjoy ya filthy animals.

-Parks 🖤

"I literally wrote it, I know there's nothing in this book that you can't read."

Levi blissfully ignored Y/N as he plopped down on his back onto the couch. With the book in one hand he propped himself up on his elbows, making room for her to sit down behind him. This had become their go to reading position since arriving at the cabin. One person sat up against the arm of the couch, while the other person snuggled in between their legs. At first, the person sitting up was the one reading, but somewhere along the line, Levi had taken the "snuggled between the legs" position and never gave it up regardless of who was reading.

Levi was very honest about his reasoning as well. Y/N smiled to herself as she walked to the couch to join Levi and thought about the explanation he had given a week ago while looking up at her from between her thighs.

"It's only fair," Levi stated matter of fact, softly kneading the thigh on which his head rested.

"How's it fair that I always have to sit up?" Y/N chuckled.

Levi tilted his chin to look up at her. "You're significantly more comfortable to lay on than I am. The couch arm is more comfortable for you than my thigh."

Y/N tried to be angry, but looking at his no nonsense expression on his upside down face was too cute to argue with. She simply sighed and opened the book to begin reading.

"You wrote it, so it's only right that you read it." He patted the cushion behind him, signaling for her to come sit down.

Y/N huffed out a short laugh before she slid her legs in around his sides and settled in. In the first few days at the cabin, they finished reading the romance novel that sparked the idea for their trip. Levi had been less than satisfied with the ending, and honestly, Y/N kind of agreed. But now, Y/N had no reason to avoid reading her own books with him, and he had all but become insistent.

Generally, Y/N read the nonfiction books that contained vocabulary still outside of Levi's lexicon, and he read the fiction books she enjoyed when she was younger. However, he continued to insist that she read the smutty books out loud, regardless of whether or not she wrote it.

~

A few days later, they were in the same position but about 150 pages further into her book. Y/N knew they were rapidly approaching the first scene in an onslaught of smut, while Levi laid peacefully unaware. One hand held the book up for her to read, and her other hand carded her fingers through his hair, her nails lightly scratching across his scalp.

"'She opened the front door just a crack, scared from the sudden, loud knocking in the middle of the night. When she saw him standing in the rain, she flung the door open and stood in the doorway, but she couldn't find the words to ask what the hell he was doing there.'"

Suddenly intrigued, Levi rolled onto his stomach and propped himself up on his elbows. Y/N moved the book to the side to see his face.

"He has a lot of gall to come to her home in the middle of the night after publicly rejecting her like that," Levi commented.

"Sh sh," Y/N hushed him and continued reading. "'I'm sorry,' he panted, and she wondered if he had run all the way here. 'I was wrong. I thought you deserved better than me, and I thought I was willing to sacrifice my own happiness if it meant keeping you safe.' Rain poured down his face and dripped from his hair, but nothing distracted him; he stared at her unwaveringly. 'But I'm not. I'm selfish. I want to be in your life even if it's not what's best for you because I need you. I'm sorry for that as well.'"