"Do you really want to leave?" Iglesia asked, hands clenched.

"Yes," Shao Ci replied. "The holy tree is purified, and the dark elves should be fine for a hundred years. I must go."

"If... you stay, I can sign a contract with you, sharing half of your life. Do you still want to go?" Iglesia hesitated, showing rare vulnerability.

Shao Ci, without hesitation, apologized, "I have things to do and can't stay."

Iglesia's expression faded, returning to indifference. "No need to apologize. You refused; that's the end of it."

Relieved, Shao Ci thanked his stars Iglesia didn't press further.

"If you regret it later, you can come back anytime," Iglesia offered, gesturing to the Dark Elf Guardian holding a box. "Get the fruit of the Shenmu tree."

Shao Ci gazed at the precious fruit, his purpose in coming here fulfilled despite unexpected twists.

"Then I will leave first," Shao Ci declared, projecting a more serious demeanor, conscious of the image he had established in the elven community.

"Do you want to stay a little longer?" Iglesia's eyes betrayed a hint of disappointment as he inquired. Turning away, he continued, "You're the hero who saved the holy tree now. Everyone adores you. Why not extend your stay? A few more days, perhaps?"

While Shao Ci wished to linger, the constraints of time weighed on him. He shook his head regretfully, "I must go back now. Saying farewell might disrupt the current atmosphere, don't you think?"

"Alright," Iglesia conceded, this time meeting Shao Ci's gaze directly. "Our dark elves will consider you a friend forever. If you ever face trouble, you're welcome to return. We will do our best to assist you."

...

Thus, Shao Ci departed from the Dark Elves through the teleportation formation. Iglesia, seemingly in a somber mood, instructed a Dark Elf Guardian to accompany Shao Ci. However, Iglesia himself headed straight for the dormitory.

Upon reaching the outside world, the Dark Elf Guardian pointed out the direction, bowed deeply, and retraced his steps.

"Master Brave, is the matter finally resolved?" Ewings appeared discreetly beside Shao Ci. "I was completely shielded from my perception before, and I don't know what happened."

"The matter is completely resolved," Shao Ci affirmed with a nod. "There were some complications in the middle, but everything should be fine now."

Understanding that possession by the devil's villain boss wasn't a casual affair and that the Holy Tree Spirit wasn't omnipresent, Shao Ci felt reassured.

However, as he gazed at the overgrown and impassable trail before him, he realized he had forgotten a crucial detail – he couldn't navigate the forest alone.

Regretful, Shao Ci looked to Ewings for assistance, "Could you...?"

"As long as Lord Brave needs it, I'll be happy to help you," Ewings responded with a slight smile. He then lifted Shao Ci onto his back, swiftly moving in a single direction.

"...Actually, I meant for you to carry me on my back!" Shao Ci protested.

"Isn't it too late?" Ewings replied casually.

Thinking that Ewings might have done it on purpose, Shao Ci sighed, "Forget it... just enjoy the moment."

Fatigued from the day's events and comforted by the stability of Ewings' arms, Shao Ci drifted into sleep, cradled in Ewings' embrace.

Befriending The Most Powerful Personजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें