1

I walked down the sidewalk, heels clacking against the pavement. I had just finished getting interviewed for a new job that I desperately needed so I could save up for college.

As I was walking I saw a black van just sitting there and then a man came out from the other side of it. He had a grocery bag and was dressed like...actually, I couldn't tell. He had white face paint and sunglasses.

I slowed down nervously as I got a little closer to him. As he walked he slightly slipped, dropping the bag and food going everywhere. I quickly walked towards him as I saw him squat down.
"Oh, uhm do you need any help, sir...?"
I say standing in front of the mess.

"If you wouldn't mind." He said looking up at me, slightly smiling. As he looked up at me I saw more of his features. He had slight blonde hair, nice facial features, and a fair skin tone. Besides the face paint and the sunglasses, he looked pretty nice.

I bend down and start grabbing what could be salvageable.

As we got everything we could and stood up I looked more at his outfit, he must have noticed.
"I'm a magician on the side." Well, that explains the face paint.
"If it isn't too much to ask, could you please put this in the back for me?"

I thought about it for a second, as I knew there had been quite a few kidnappings around here. But they seemed to be by the same person and they were, pretty sure, all teenage boys so I thought I would be safe. And besides he seemed pretty nice so far!

I took the bag from him and he opened the back door of his van. It was pitch black in there but I didn't care. I put the bag in there and started to turn around when I felt a hand grab my neck from the back. I opened my mouth to scream and, before I could a cloth was covering my mouth and nose. I breathed in and a disgusting smell filled my nose and mouth.

I started to feel dizzy and tired and soon enough it went pitch black.