ELEVEN

22nd july 2023, hungary

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE ELLA BEGAN WORKING FOR THE VERSTAPPENS, MAX WASN'T ON POLE. Ella couldn't believe it, she had still applauded Lewis from the stands, and the crowd had went wild. But she didn't fully believe it.

"What happened?" Millie asked, Ella explained to the little girl that her father would be starting tomorrow's race from second. Millie understood, but seemed a bit disappointed. Ella took Millie to the toilet, and then back to the hotel after getting some takeaway food.

While Millie watched some TV, Ella decided to do a quick workout. She had been slacking lately due to work, since moving to Monaco she only did a few stretches before bed, and when they were in various other places in the world she didn't even do that. But she wanted to stay on top of her health, so quickly changed clothes in the bathroom and started a workout. Usually she would listen to music, but since she was looking after Millie she didn't bother.

"What are you doing, Elsy?" Millie asked, turning around from the couch. Ella explained to Millie that she was doing some lunges, and other various exercises. Millie said nothing and returned to watching Tangled.

Soon enough, there was a knock at the door and Max's voice was heard on the other side of it. Ella shouted at him to come in, she was currently doing sets of squats. "Hi princess." Max smiled at his daughter, who leaped off the couch to run and hug him. "Antonella."

Ella stopped her workout and moved closer to Max and Millie. "Tough luck today, you'll get him back tomorrow I'm sure." Ella smiled, Max thanked her. "I didn't know you worked out," he said, starting a conversation as Millie returned to the couch. "Yeah I have been slacking recently, trying to get back into it."

"You know there is a gym back home right?" He asked, home, she thought about it. "No I didn't know that. I take it it's somewhere downstairs?"