chapter 4

once everyone stepped through the portal Marie looked at the map then followed the path that's supposed to lead to the castle, Marie stopped the boys and saw it was they're Grandmother.
Marie: excuse me ma'am do you know where i can find the parents of these little ones?
Athena: yes their father is my second eldest. thank you for finding my grandsons.
Marie: of course ma'am you three can keep the cloaks now head to your grandmother. the boys all hugged Marie as she hugged them back then was about to leave until their grandmother called for her.
Athena: wait i'm sure my son would like to thank you for finding his children.
Marie: oh i must leave to find my friends they're three hedgehogs they're all different one blue, and the other two are white and black I've been searching for them.
Athena: i'm sure my youngest son has seen them. but may i ask who you are? Marie took off her hood and smiled at Athena.
Marie: my name is Marie and as you can see i'm a human. Marie followed Athena and she kneeled before the king and queen.
Kaze: thank you for finding our children.
Marie: your welcome your highness i made sure to take good care of your boys their good kids.
Sapphire: we are grateful to you Marie we've never met a human like you before. would you stay for a ball it's the anniversary of our kingdom.
Marie: of course your grace i could sing if you like i do it at home.
Kaze: we would be honored to hear you sing.

*later that night*

a ball had begun Marie was behind a curtain as she was watching everyone and saw the guys Marie felt her cheeks warm up when she saw Shadow, dressed differently.
Darren: so your the friend they talked about. Marie jumped and saw Darren behind her.
Marie: yes i am and you must be the boys uncle i'm Marie i never met another sorccerer before.
Darren: i'm Darren it's almost time for you to sing. i hope your ready Marie.
Marie: i am it's just i could never sing in front of a lot of people i'd always froze when i was a kid, but then Shadow helped me he's the greatest friend i could've asked for. i better get ready and you should go join your family Darren. Darren went to join his family then Marie got ready to sing as she walked out while the music began playing.

I sense there's something in the wind
That seems like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be
What will become of my dear friend
Where will his actions lead us then?
Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may, it doesn't last

And will we ever end up together?
No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one

And will we ever end up together?

No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one

once the song was over everyone cheered for Marie and she bowed before them then walked off of the stage while holding the front of her dress, Marie walked over and whistled for the guys which caught their attention then she motioned them to the balcony.
Sonic: your here Marie and nice dress.

Marie: thanks Sonic but listen i had to build a flipping portal machine to bring the kids home, be grateful i still couldn't believe they look like you guys but cuter

Silver: hey!
Shadow: anyway thank you for coming to get us Marie your a good friend. Marie smiled and hugged Shadow close as he hugged her back they all bid the royal family good bye and Marie gave Darren the mask back, then waved at everyone.

*in Green Hills*

everyone was in the workshop Marie was behind a divider as she was getting changed then came out wearing her outfit she wore in Cosium.
Shadow: we heard your song it was incredible. Marie blushed and looked away then walked out with the guys beside her they all walked inside then, Marie walked up the stairs to her room so she could get some sleep especially after being at a ball.
Rouge: hey we wondered when you would get home.
Sonic: we just took a wrong turn was all but were home and that's all that matters.
Sally: good Marie spent a lot of time in her workshop.
Shadow: oh really?
Tails: yeah she didn't come out for days i think she was really worried about you guys. Shadow went up to Marie's room and saw that she was fast asleep he walked over and stood in front of Marie as he softly moved a piece of hair out of Marie's face which made her stir a bit and saw Shadow above her.
Marie: Shadow (yawns) what's wrong?
Shadow: everyone told us you were worried about us you shouldn't have hidden in your workshop.
Marie: someone had to look after the kids so i stayed there with them. i really care about you Shadow. Marie fell back asleep Shadow covered Marie with her blanket and left the room.

*next day*

Marie was playing her guitar as she was playing a song but heard someone coming and saw it was Shadow.
Shadow: thought i'd find you out here. can we talk about last night?
Marie: oh uh sure let's go to my lab i decided to changed things up in there so come on. they both walked into Marie's lab as she set her guitar down then grabbed a wrench so she could finish a side project.
Shadow: what did you mean that you really cared about me?
Marie: your a really close friend to me Shadow and i just don't want to see you hurt besides your the only one who understands, and well i was really worried about you the most when you were in Cosium. so i just i guess well i don't have the words anymore. Marie leaned against the counter and held the edge while trying to think of what to say.
Shadow: i just hope you never get in danger again Darren saw something in me and he told me something, that i should protect the one i care about most i lost Maria so long ago i just don't want to loose you as well. Marie was taken back and smiled at Shadow as she hugged him close then left the lab as they both walked out then heard Eggman, they both dodged the attack and fought Eggman then walked inside.
Marie: i swear Eggman gets more annoying everytime.
Shadow: that i can agree on. Marie laughed then got some tea for them both as they sat down at the table.
Marie: Shadow is there someone else i should know about?
Shadow: just one his name was Mephiles but he's gone he looks like me but different so stay away from him, i don't want too loose you just like Maria.

Marie: you won't loose me Shadow i promise that. now i better go help make dinner i hope your all up for pizza cause this is going to be handmade pizza one thing i know how to make from scratch. Marie went into the kitchen as she got busy with the pizza and made quite a few then Marie put them in the oven as they cooked, then Marie pulled them out as she smelled it Marie got an idea and whistled for everyone the guys all came running like dogs which made Marie get out of the way.
Marie: Sonic Scourge watch where your running jeez do i have to put in damn speed bumps, you two act like wild dogs at least Silver, Shadow and Knuckles have some common sense the same with Tails.
Sonic: sorry.
Scourge: (smells air) ooh what smells so good?
Marie: i made dinner home made pizzas so come on everyone dinners ready! everyone came inside and sat down at the table as they got some pizza and tasted it.
Tails: oh wow.
Fiona: this is so good.
Knuckles: their right your a great cook Marie.
Marie: thanks Knuckles my parents taught me i'm glade you guys enjoy it but listen I've been getting a headache and it's been driving me crazy, so had some food you guys enjoy if there's any left we can have it for lunch. i'm going to lay down. Marie went up to her room and laid down while trying to sleep then heard a voice and saw a shadow lurking through the door of her balcony, Marie got up and walked over then heard a voice behind then saw the shadowy figure come towards her. Marie screamed then blacked out as she fell to the ground.
Mephiles: soon the plan will begin pleasent dreams my dear. everyone ran up to Marie's room and saw her on the ground Scourge walked over and felt her neck to see she still had a pulse.
Scourge: Marie's alright just knocked out we better get her in bed. Sonic helped Scourge get Marie in bed they all left the room so Marie could rest what they didn't know was someone was watching them from the shadows.

*mini time skip*

it had been days and Marie did not wake up everyone was worried about their friend.
Sonic: Marie still hasn't woken up i'm getting really worried about her.
Fiona: so are we Sonic the girls are all worried about her but the question is what happened to Marie why is she like this?