Chapter 2

Shadow and Rouge walked to Marie's room and Shadow gently laid Marie down in the bed so she could sleep, then Shadow felt Marie's forehead to see that Tails was right.
Shadow: she caught a fever it's best we wait until Marie wakes up then we can confirm it.
Rouge: right and she can change out of those wet clothes or else she might get even sicker. they both left the room and Marie had woken up not too long ago and got changed out of her wet clothes then changed into her pajamas, Marie saw that she was in a different room and wondered where the others are at. Marie went to go find them and saw that they were in the living room talking Shadow noticed and walked over to Marie as he held her hand.
Shadow: you should be laying down your not well.
Marie: i just wanted to apologize for everything guys it's just back home no one ever cared about me except for my family, so i'm gonna head head back to my room. Marie began coughing and felt so weak then fell to her knees Tails walked over and told Marie to sit on the couch Marie did as she was asked and sat down then Tails put a thermometor in Marie's mouth it beaped and Tails saw that Marie had a fever.
Tails: you have a fever you should head back to bed. Marie went back to her room and laid down then Amy and Cream came in with some soup for Marie she smiled at them and was grateful for them, taking care of Marie did tell them the truth about her.
Amy: what happened to your parents?
Marie: they died when i was a kid Amy but they were on their way home then suddenly they were crashed into and i was only nine years old when that happened, i spent seven years without my parents i only had my grandparents they took care of me while i helped them out back home. but now they're gone i was about to leave for college when i went inside i saw them both on the ground i called for help and the doctors told me my grandparents had died from a heart attack i was so upset, when i lost them i never left for college i graduated high school early (sniffles) i just wish my family didn't die.

Amy: wow i'm so sorry you felt that way Marie.
Marie: thanks Amy but i just wish they all didn't pass away like they did but i better get some sleep so i can fight this fever.
Cream: okay if you need anything just yell.
Marie: probably not a good idea my throat is sore. the girls left Marie's room and she went to sleep after a few hours Shadow walked up to Marie's room as he saw that Marie was still sleeping he thought she looked so peaceful while sleeping, then Marie woke up while yawning she stretched a bit and saw Shadow in the door.
Marie: hi Shadow.
Shadow: hey how do you feel?
Marie: a bit better but i think in a couple of days my fever will break and i will end up with a cold, my Mom always took care of me when i was sick.
Shadow: she sounded like a loving mother.
Marie: she was Mom was a great doctor and she did everything she could to make sure i stayed healthy, but whenever it come to this Mom would always make sure i would get better.

*days later*

Marie was feeling better she even got invited to stay with everyone Marie went back home to pack up everything and sent out all her grandparents stuff to the rest of her family, Marie had decorated her room and was sitting on her bed while playing her guitar and was working on a song she wanted to show her appreciation to everyone. then heard arguing knowing it was Sonic and Shadow fighting again Marie grabbed her guitar and her jacket then grabbed her backpack and walked out of her room, Marie went down the stairs and saw a green hedgehog that looked like Sonic and rolled her eyes but got scared by Charmy.
Marie: Charmy i told you not to do that i do not want a heart attack at the age of sixteen.
Sonic: where are you going?
Marie: to my quiet place Sonic i can't focus with you two yelling i'm guessing the green hedgehog is Scourge he looks just like you.
Scourge: yeah but we're opposites.
Marie: noticed now if you'll all excuse me i am going somewhere quiet where i can work on my songs. Marie left after putting on her jacket and ignored the guys trying to call her back to the house, but Marie just ignored them and went to her quiet place which was a tree next to a lake. Marie sat down and got out her note book then grabbed her guitar and began working on the song, Marie finished writing her song and put her gutair next to her then grabbed he rmothers orcarina.
Marie: wish you could see me now Grandpa i have friends now they really care about me, (plays orcarina) i really miss you guys. Marie was playing her orcarina but didn't know someone was behind her Marie heard something then kicked the legs of whoever was behind and saw it was Shadow which made her cover her mouth.
Marie: Shadow i'm so sorry i thought you were Eggman.

Shadow: it's fine i'm alright but nice moves i see you were taught well. Marie helped Shadow up from the ground and sat down back in front of the tree then Shadow sat down next to her as they both looked at the lake.
Marie: this reminds me of when my parents used to take me to the park we'd always have picnics with my grandparents, but that was so long ago i really miss them.
Shadow: i know what you mean i lost someone a long time ago she was my only friend. Marie looked at Shadow then at her orcarina Marie played a song for Shadow and he looked at her while listening to the melody of the song, Shadow felt at peace then Marie stopped and they both went back to the house.

*at the house*

Marie: hey girls you need any help in kitchen?
Amy: thanks Marie we do need help making dinner.
Marie: i'm coming. Marie went into the kitchen and began helping out with dinner then brought it out a few plates since she used to work as a waitress back in high school, and put the plates down for everyone as they all came to the table.
Sonic: whoa where did you learn to do that?
Marie: i was a waitress back in high school Sonic i needed a part time job and well i just took one up, in a diner it was so i could help pay for my Dad's surgery.
Scourge: he had agreat kid most likely a hot daughter.
Fiona: hey your mine babe.
Scourge: i know but your even hotter though Fi.
Marie: okay you two knock it off go flirt somewhere else cause people are trying to eat here, besides we all don't like to see it.
Fiona: you might get lucky Marie who knows one of these lucky guys could be with you.

Marie: fat chance Fiona no one ever asked me on a date before not even back home, so let's just drop it and eat dinner. Marie sat down and began eating with everyone Marie finished eating then excused herself and went up to her room, while thinking about what Fiona said.
Marie: oh what does that fox know Fiona's got a thing for bad boys but not me i just like a guy with a different attitude, but what would i do i could never date one of the guys here they all probably already have girlfriends. (see's old flute) maybe playing Grandma's old flute and remembered a song Marie went outside and played her grandma's flute.

once Marie finished playing the song she heard clapping and saw Silver with Blaze they heard it, Marie blushed from embarrassment and looked away from her friends.
Silver: that was incredible where did you learn to play like that?
Marie: my Grandma she taught me how to play and this song was the first one she taught me when i was eight.
Blaze: it's beautiful she must've really loved music and taught her granddaughter well.
Marie: thanks Blaze but i can also play my orcarina and guitar i can only play three instruments and i do sing a little but i could never sing in front, of people i would just freeze up i did before and everyone just laughed at me. i'm going to head inside see you guys later. Marie went inside while Blaze and Silver were talking.
Blaze: i wish we could help her.
Silver: i know Blaze but it's not like we can do a thing she freezes up on stage. let's talk to the others. they both went inside and talked with everyone.

*mini time skip*

Scourge and Fiona were sneaking outside Marie's room with a camera and knew this could be the only chance they have.
Fiona: i hope she's singing right now.
Scourge: shh we don't want her to hear us. Fiona opened the door a crack while they heard Marie singing.
Marie: (sigh) i know you two are there give it up. they both walked in and saw how Marie's room looked.
Fiona: wow nice room.
Marie: thanks brought a lot things from home. but what's with the camera trying to see if i do something embarrassing?
Scourge: no we just wanted to hear you sing i bet your really good.