𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐈𝐄, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"But now you're—"

"I'm not anything," Daeron told her. "The true King was my brother Rhaegar. Not me. Not Viserys. Him. I'm not meant to be King."

"But Your Grace—"

"It's Your Highness... Doreah," Daeron softly said. "Or Daeron. Nothing else."

Doreah stared at him silently before finally saying, "Your sister would like to talk to you and Ser Jorah. It's about the Iron Throne, I hear."

Daeron furrowed his brows before saying, "What? Why would she need to talk about that? Her life is here... with Khal Drogo."

"She's just as confused as you are, Your Highness," said Doreah. "Khal Drogo doesn't seem to understand the importance of the Iron Throne."

Daeron stared at her a moment before nodding and she smiled at him. Then she left him alone again. He stood in his tent for several minutes, deciding if he would join his sister until his sister came into the tent, demanding his presence in her kind tone.

Daenerys had grown more like a Queen than Daeron could ever be King, but as always, she still held a nice and gentle tone with him. He was, after all, still her little brother.

Through the Vaes Dothraki marketplace, Daeron walked with his sister and Ser Jorah as Doreah, Irri, and Rakharo followed them. Daenerys held her brother's arm as they walked, wanting to stay close to him at all times. They were all they had now. That is until the little Dothraki Targaryen would be born.

"Can't you help me make him understand?" asked Daenerys, referring to her husband and the Iron Throne.

"The Dothraki do things in their own time, for their own reasons. Have patience, Khaleesi. We will go home, I promise," Ser Jorah assured.

"My brother was a fool, I know, but he was the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms," said Daenerys before turning to Dareon. "And now you're the King."

"Dany..." Daeron murmured as Ser Jorah laughed. The siblings glanced over at him confused.

"Have I said something funny, Ser?" asked Daenerys.

"Forgive me, Khaleesi, but your ancestor Aegon the Conqueror didn't seize six of the kingdoms because they were his right; he had no right to them. He seized them because he could," Ser Jorah told them.

"And because he had dragons," added Daenerys.

"Ah, well, having a few dragons makes things easier," said Ser Jorah but he seemed, somewhat skeptical.

Daeron eyed him suspiciously before he asked, "You don't believe there were dragons."

"Have you ever seen a dragon, Your Grace?" asked Ser Jorah and Daeron wanted to roll his eyes and correct him, but he knew the Ser was only following Westeros laws. "I believe what my eyes and ears report. As for the rest— It was 300 years ago; who knows what really happened?" He then spotted a man in the distance. "Now if you'll pardon me, I'll seek out the merchant captain, see if he has any letters for me."

"Well, we'll come with you," said Daenerys.

"No, no, don't trouble yourself," he said. "Enjoy the market. I'll rejoin you soon enough."

Ser Jorah then walked off further into the marketplace and the siblings watched him before continuing through the area, looking over the merchandise.

As they did, they could hear a man shouting in the distance; "I have sweet reds from Lys, Volantis and the Arbor! Tyroshi pear brandy! Andalish sours! I have them! I have them!"