Silence Is Golden? Ch. 10

Start from the beginning

          “What?” TK growled. She stood up and dusted her shorts off. “Fine,” She snapped, “I’m done playing anyway. It’s kind of obvious who’s going to win anyway.”

          “I hope you’re talking about me, babe,” Blake smirked, before winking at her. I stared at the two of them in confusion…when did that happen?

          “Yeah, yeah,” She muttered, rolling her eyes.

          The only people left in the game were me, Nate, Blake, and Ellie. I had a right hand and foot on blue, a left hand on green, and a left foot on yellow, so I was all over the place. I turned my head slightly and noticed Nate’s face was right near mine. “Hey Nate,” I murmured.

          “Isabel,” Nate grumbled.

          “Are you still mad at me?” I insisted.

          Nate didn’t answer.

          “Fine,” I growled, “Don’t talk to me. Like I care.” Nate scoffed but continued to play. As we got further into the game, the only ones left were me, Nate, and Blake. I could feel the tension in the room.

          “Blake, right hand on blue,” Lauren exclaimed.

          I turned my head slightly and watched as Blake reached to put his right hand on blue. In the process, he shoved Nate over so he fell off the mat. Nate quickly jumped to his feet. “What was that for?” He yelled.

          “You were in my way,” Blake exclaimed. He stood up and they got close to each other, puffing out their chests as if that would make them look stronger.

          “No need to shove,” Nate growled.

          “Well I did anyway,” Blake snapped.

          I saw a fist being raised so I quickly yelled, “Hey! Hey, guys! Over here!” Everyone turned their head to look at me and I gave everyone a broad smile. “I win,” I smirked.

          Everyone broke into a smile while others laughed as I stood up. The only one who continued to look pissed off was Nate. He stared at me with cold eyes before he grabbed his things and stormed out of the house.

          No one spoke. We all just stared at the door. Finally Blake said, “Good riddance.” TK and Ellie laughed in agreement while Seth and Blake high-fived each other. I tried hard not to wince as I continued to stare at the front door.

*

          After I got home from our get together I was really depressed. Colin immediately saw my mood and stayed away from me. The only thing that made me content was cuddling up on the couch with Annie by my side. She was spooned against me, her face buried in my neck as she tried hard not to fall asleep.

          “Are you tired, lovie,” I cooed, brushing her hair out of her face. Annie quickly cuddled more into my side, her knees drawing close to her chest so she was completely curled against me.

          “No,” She protested, “I want to watch the rest of Aladdin.”

          “You already know what’s going to happen,” I reasoned.

          “But I want to watch it,” Annie pouted. I sighed in defeat and rested my head against the couch cushion as we continued to watch the movie. When I heard Annie’s breathing turn heavy, I scooped her into my arms and carried her up the stairs.

          “You coming back down?” Colin called.

          “No,” I answered curtly. I rubbed Annie’s back soothingly and put her on her bed before pulling the many covers she had over her small body. I looked over at my bed and realized that I was too upset to sleep by myself. So I crawled into the spot between the wall and Annie on Annie’s bed before I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

It felt like minutes later, but I was soon awakened by someone shaking my shoulder. “What?” I groaned, “What’s wrong?” I sat up and stumbled out of the bed so I didn’t wake up Annie.

          “Izzy,” I heard the voice murmur. My eyes quickly widened in shock and I tried to suppress the smile on my face.

          “What do you want?” I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. Luke immediately pulled me into a tight hug. I relaxed in his arms and burst into tears. Luke rubbed my back and whispered soothing words in my ear before leading us to my bed.

          We cuddled together under the covers and soon I was blubbering why I was so upset to Luke. I told him that I would never think of Nate that way and we were only friends. I told him that I missed him and Nate as a friend, and that I was afraid Nate would never forgive me.

          Luke just listened and held me close. “Izzy,” He whispered in my ear, “No one can resist staying mad at you for a long time. If he doesn’t want to be your friend it’s his loss….that means more for me.”

          I laughed and gently shoved Luke’s shoulder. Luke smiled but then quickly pulled me back to his chest. He lay on his back and I gently rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat as I ran my finger up and down his stomach. Luke shivered and kissed me lightly on the head. Luke shivered and I couldn’t help but smile lightly.

          “Can I stay?” Luke pleaded.

          “Of course,” I murmured. My eyes started to drift shut but Luke quickly shook me awake. “What,” I groaned.

          “I have to tell you something,” Luke whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

          “What?” I repeated, snuggling into his chest.

          “My lacrosse team made it in the Florida tournament,” He told me. I sat up in shock and stared at him with wide eyes.

          “Really?” I squealed, “Luke that’s amazing! I’m so proud of you! When’s the tournament? Can I come?”

          “It’s this weekend,” Luke winced.

          “Oh,” I frowned.

          “I know,” He nodded, “But if we do well in the Florida one then we could go to Washington and I promise you can come to that one!”

          “Really?” I questioned.

          “Really,” Luke smiled, bringing me close to his chest again. I smiled broadly and kissed his chest.

          “I’m so proud of you baby,” I exclaimed, holding him tightly. Luke kissed my head and squirmed closer to me. I sighed in contentment and closed my eyes before I drifted into sleep again.