Silence Is Golden? Ch. 7

Hey Guys!

thanks for reading! I know some ppl were confused so to clear up more confusion...Jason is another friend in their pre-school group! Him and Johnny are kind of distant and silent.......so they're in it but not as much!!

Thanks to the right for the cover! it was supposed to be for "Why Did You Do It?" But I ran out of chapters to put it in! hahah

Love you all!

cheesehead

Chapter Seven

          When it was dark and time for TK’s party, I was absolutely shocked when Luke suggested we bring the whole gang. The whole gang meaning the ones who normally didn’t hang out with us: Lauren, Nate, Jason, and Johnny. I asked him about Seth but Luke was sure that Blake had probably already invited Seth.

          So Luke and I left early to round up the gang. First on the list was Lauren. I ran to her door step and knocked on the door loudly. She opened the door and stared at me in shock. “Isabel?” She asked, “What’re you doing here?”

          “Luke and I are here to pick you up for TK’s party tonight,” I told her with a wide smile. “Come on, I’ll help you get ready.”

          “Wha…What?” Lauren stuttered.

          “Yeah, you can’t wear that,” I laughed, looking down at her oversized t-shirt and gray sweatpants. Lauren smirked with me and I pushed her inside and towards the steps. I had only been in Lauren’s house a few times when we were younger, but I still remembered where everything was.

          “Isn’t Luke waiting in the car?” Lauren asked as I walked into her room and went straight to her closet.

          “No, I told him to go pick up either Jason, Johnny, or Nate while I got you ready, because I figured we would need some time,” I answered.

          Lauren nodded in agreement and sat down on her bed. “Set up your curling iron,” I ordered, “And pull out your makeup bag….please.”

          “Isn’t it a school night?” Lauren asked.

          “It is?” I joked.

          “Well yeah,” Lauren nodded, “But I guess that doesn’t matter to the world?”

          “Yeah,” I shrugged, “I’ll probably end up skipping tomorrow anyway.” I continued to search through Lauren’s closet until I found a short black skirt and a baby blue colored blouse that had bottoms down the middle. “Hot,” I commented, before setting it on the bed.

          Then I got to work on Lauren’s hair. I created flowing curls that rested on her shoulders. Then I lightly did her makeup but didn’t get to finish because Luke was honking the horn outside. “So where are your parents,” I asked as I gathered her makeup bag and we ran out the front door.

          “Out on a business trip,” Lauren answered, “They won’t be back until next month.”

          “Sucks,” I responded, but in reality I knew exactly what it was like. I never met my Dad and my Mom was always away on business trips, though my brother and I were convinced she lied and stayed longer so she didn’t have to be with us.

          I climbed into the front seat while Lauren got in the backseat with Jason and Johnny who looked awesome. I gave Luke a kiss on the cheek before buckling myself up. “Where’s Nate?” I asked.