Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

Smiling a little, I took the last few steps until I was alongside him – I was not shifting because then I would destroy my clothes and I'm already running out of jeans to wear. So I decided to ride shot gun on his back – which is always fun anyway.

Saxon turned his head in an instant, resting it against my waist and nuzzling into me gently, I held my breath as I stared down at him, this action felt almost tender....intimate even and I felt my cheeks heat up a little. Dammit, there I go again – blushing! Why does he keep doing this to me? I don’t want to turn into one of those girls that go gaga when she’s around a boy.

“Alright.” I muttered, gently pushing his head away as I regained myself, “Let me get on now.” He stopped and turned back to face front on, almost like he was now cranky with me. Rolling my eyes, I didn’t care and I don’t know why I'm even going anywhere with him but it’s obvious he needs me for something. So I guess I can go and at least see what he wants.

Smiling to myself as I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent of the trees all around us and enjoyed the feeling of the warm air rushing against my face, I decided that tonight I was going to go for a run, everything was always so much better when I'm in wolf form and much more peaceful – and maybe I can work out what I'm going to do?

Flopping down onto the lounge since Saxon took off up the stairs after I had opened the front door for him – again, my eyes began to wander. I noticed last time when we were watching movies that there are no game consoles in here, only a giant TV and a DVD player; don’t they get bored here?

I mean, looking around the place you would never guess within a million years that a bunch of young people – guys in particular, live here. You can sense people live here and all that but it doesn’t feel like a home should. At my house, you can always hear some kind of noise coming from any direction of the house and every room that basically has a TV has some kind of game console attached to it with games alongside it but not here.

The sound of the front door swinging open had me sitting up and I peered over the edge towards the open archway to see Vance walk past but he quickly stopped and backtracked, staring at me with a slight frown.

“I'm bored, do you have a game system or something fun like that?” I asked, rolling off the lounge and onto my feet before standing up and looking over at him expectantly but he just scoffed loudly at me.

“We don’t have time for games.” He muttered and quickly walked off.

“Someone’s on their monthlies.” I muttered.

“I heard that!” his voice shouted back to me and I smiled slightly.

“You were meant to!” I called back, flopping back down onto the lounge with a sigh. Did Saxon bring me here just to bore me to death because I'm seriously starting to think that. Groaning I reached forward and grabbed the remote off the coffee table and flicked the TV on, setting on my favourite cartoon ‘League of Super Evil.’ I love Red, he is my favourite and I reckon having a pet hell-hound like Doomageddon would be awesome.

I was so into it that I didn’t even notice anyone standing behind the lounge until he spoke up, “Is this what you do after school every day that you’re not with me?”

Leaning my head backwards to look at an upside down and annoyed Saxon, I smiled sheepishly, I had so many smart ass comments for that but his black eyes told me to keep them to myself – for now.

“Sometimes.” And I turned back to watch the show, Voltar really sucks as an evil villain, I mean, I can pull better pranks than he can – prank calls? Seriously? That is so kindergarten.