Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

“You’re not helping.” I growled lightly, now glaring at the window, “And he’s not all that bad......” I trailed off, not knowing what else to say and not really wanting to open up to Chris right now.

“Around you he’s not.” Chris muttered under his breath, then spoke up again, “So, what were you actually planning on accomplishing today?”

Rolling my head back around to look at him I smirked slightly, “I was going to make him putty in my hands, crumble at his knees and beg for mercy and show him I'm not a little girl....then he ruined it by playing back.” I mumbled at the end.

Chris chuckled and I raised an eyebrow as he grinned at me, “Yeah, he wasn’t playing Eva.”

I didn’t reply because in that next second we both heard a long spine tingling howl that sent shivers through my body and immediately my body straightened up into a sitting position as I stared out the window, listening to it and needing to go to him.

I felt my inner wolf growing restless as I sat there, howling at my silently on the inside to go, she needed to go, she wanted to go. “I need to go.” I whispered softly to myself, standing up and knocking my chair over.

“Eva?” I faintly heard Chris calling out to me as I made my way quickly out of the classroom. Not able to stop myself but did I really want to stop? I don’t know.

The second I was in the hallway my feet started running, heading towards the front doors, I could feel this pull inside of me – the same one I felt when Saxon went wolf the other day and I knew this pull was leading me directly towards him.

Skidding around a corner, I almost crashed into some boy who looked younger than me. He shouted out some not so very pleasant words and if I wasn’t in a rush, I would have turned around and punched him for it. So instead I shot him a drop dead look over my shoulder and kept running.

Shoving the double doors open; I frowned a little as I noticed the lock had already been broken – Saxon must have come through this way beforehand. Scanning the grass and then the car park, I couldn’t see him anywhere but the pulling feeling was taking me to the far left hand corner; then I noticed his Jeep and someone standing alongside it.

Running quickly, I came to a slow stop and stared at the guy – what’s his name again, Vince? No, Vance. That’s it. He looked up at me but my gaze travelled down to the driver’s door lying on its side on the ground by Vance’s feet. I opened my mouth to ask him what had happened but a low growl stopped me and my wolf started going crazy on the inside as I turned and met a familiar set of pitch black eyes that blended in with the colour of his fur.

Gasping softly, I resisted the strong urge to run up to him immediately and instead slowly walked over towards him, standing behind a giant land cruiser and hiding himself from the school. I watched him carefully, wondering what had got him so worked up to look this furious and on edge – he wasn’t even this bad when Jack was here.

His eyes watched my every move as I stopped about a metre away from him, the pulling sensation now gone that I was near him within arm’s reach, “What’s wrong?” I asked softly.

He never answered, only kept staring at me and I could feel his hot breathe fanning across the bare skin on my arms while his low growling rumbled through my body, making me feel safe around him, even though he was obviously furious about something but I'm guessing it wasn’t something I’ve done, so I'm in the clear at least.

I do feel a little sorry for the person who has infuriated him though.

“He wants you to either shift and follow him or climb on.” Vance’s voice broke through my thoughts, I jumped a little because I had been staring intently into Saxon’s blackened eyes and had momentarily forgot about the world all around us but I never broke eye contact as I nodded slowly.