𝟎𝟐𝟎. Patrol

Start from the beginning

No. Miles, no. You can't. Clara's not your property, or girlfriend, for that matter. There's no reason to be so protective. Although.. I'm just being a good friend, looking out for my roommate.

Once again, I get snapped out of my thoughts by Clara's voice, while she snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Miles, stop zoning out," Keep saying my name. "You really don't like Lucas? 'Cause he just texted me."

I scowl as Clara mentions that Lucas texted her, since I can't stand that dude. At all. "Nah, he sucks. Like, genuinely, you don't wanna get it on with him." Shaking my head, I glanced over at her phone, trying to see what Lucas texted her, but she had one of those fucking annoying protective screens that turn black. "He talks about women like they're objects. He's everything wrong with this country, ma."

Of course, Clara just sassily rolls her eyes at me and texts Lucas back, even though she doesn't seem too pleased. "Whatever. It's not like I'm dating him. I don't even know the guy." As she shrugged, her eyes were still glued to her phone, and she seemingly switched to another contact — I can't see that shit clearly, though — and her fingers rapidly move on the screen.

"You stressed, ma? Who you textin'?" I furrow my eyebrows, narrowing my eyes as I try to sneak a peak at Clara's phone by moving closer to her, but she quickly moves away, and angles her phone so I couldn't see it at all. The fuck is she doing?

Clara just shrugs, and after she finishes sending the text, she turns towards me and smiles, showing me her teeth for a second, "No, I'm okay. Just sending Lucia a checkup, since she's living with that creepy ass dude."

Sure. You don't care 'bout that. I scoff, but I keep it quiet and to myself, since I know Clara would definitely get agitated if I kept pushing her. "Mmh, yeah." I nod, standing up and frowning down at Clara. I'm already in my suit, ready to go, while she's in sweatpants and a t-shirt? "Yo, I wanna leave soon, though. Get dressed, ma."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be right there." She groans, tilting her head back as she puts her phone aside, closing her eyes. Fuck, that's hot. "Five minutes." As she stands up and I notice her hips swaying as she walks, Clara lets out an exasperated sigh.

When she finally walks out of her room in her spidersuit — which didn't take her five, or ten, or fifteen, but twenty minutes—, Clara motions for me to get up, as she pulls her mask down. "Damn, ma. You took longer than five minutes." I chuckle as I jump out the window, trusting that Clara'll follow me.

Luckily — or unluckily —, she does, and we jump onto a building side by side, kinda like she's my sidekick. I hear a soft giggle coming from Clara's lips, and it sounds enjoyable. Personally, I like the sound of her voice.

"Ugh, fuck, I'm getting nauseous again." Clara groans, holding her stomach as she shakes her head, genuinely looking like she was gonna throw up again.

So, I take a few steps towards her and put a hand on her back, trying to.. Soothe her, I guess. Clara looks genuinely sick, though, and it makes me feel kinda bad for her, like, for real. I don't even know why, 'cause it ain't my fault, and I'm not some sappy ass best friend.

"You okay, mamas?" I ask, as I keep my hand on Clara's back, but slowly start to slide it upwards onto her upper back, just under her neck.

I hear her take a deep breath, before Clara stands up straight again. She obviously still feels nauseous, but for some reason, she's trying to hide it, I guess. I don't know why, though, but she is hiding her nausea. "Yeah, I'm fine. Must be the Brooklyn air, hm?" She chuckles softly, biting her lower lip as she pulls her mask back down, covering her whole face.

I shrug, sheepishly grinning at Clara's change in behavior, "Sure. You wanna go home, or you okay finishing patrol with me?"

A loud scoff leaves Clara's mouth, and I can basically see the smirk on her face through her mask. "I'm coming with. I didn't make this suit to just have it laying around." Smartass. I narrow my eyes at her, before rolling them and jumping onto another building, which was higher than the others; giving us a perfect view over Brooklyn.

Clara follows me after a couple seconds, and we look around, hoping to see a quiet city. "This is really pretty." She says, tilting her head to the side as I think she's looking at the lights of all the big buildings.

"It's just buildings, though." I shrug, frowning at the city. Honestly, I can't see the beauty of it all, but I'd pretend absolute shit was gorgeous for Clara. "But, yeah. it's kinda pretty."

She smiles, which makes me grin a bit. Her hand playfully slaps my thigh, and Clara rests her head against my shoulder for a moment, sighing deeply, "I feel sick. Can we go home?"

I should say no. I should finish my patrol. Do it. "Sure, come on." Fuck it. I could take care of her at home. I sigh deeply, pulling Clara up by her hand, motioning for her to follow me as I jump onto buildings, just until we near our window, which I jumped into. "So, whatcha feelin'?" I tilt my head back while I take off my mask, puffing out some air as I panted. Gotta up my stamina, man. This is wack.

"Just nausea." Clara mutters, tying her hair up into a ponytail after she pulls her mask off, rolling her eyes as she sighed deeply, speeding up her step to head into the bathroom.

This girl gonna puke again? Fuck, dude. "Ayo, you okay?" I quickly follow Clara, raising my eyebrows as I heard her retching into the toilet. She's hunched over the toilet, panting as she turns her head to look up at me, with slightly reddened and moist eyes. She still looks pretty, like, for real. "Lemme get you some Coke, ma. You go into your bed, if you don't gotta puke no more."

I shot Clara a quick smile before walking into the kitchen, pouring her a glass of Coca Cola. A few minutes later, after drinking a glass of water and washing my face, I walk into her bedroom and put the glass of Coke down on her nightstand, "Small sips. Got taught the trick by my mamá." While Clara smiles at me, I quickly looked her up and down, admiring her physique.

"Thanks, Miles. Night." She smiles, taking a small sip of the Coke, before laying down under the pile of blankets, since she's always cold. "Don't wake me up tomorrow morning, by the way. I'll wake up in time, I don't have any morning classes." As she added this, I scowled as I looked at her door. I'm not exactly sure why, but the thought of not having my usual wake up routine with Clara irritates me.

"Mmh. Lucky ass girl, ma." I chuckle softly, closing her bedroom door behind me, walking into the dimly lit apartment. "Night."

゚゚。♡ ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏~
1823 WORDS

So sorry for the short chapter😭😭

Ay should I share my tiktok account nd make tiktoks on it abt my story or something or stupid ahh char.ai shi!???