𝟎𝟏𝟎. Distracted

I PUSHED MYSELF SO HARD TO WRITE THIS BUT I DID IT!!!!

Two days later, on Monday, Clara realized her sticky hands still hadn't gone away, and she got extremely suspicious, wondering if whatever Miles suspected could be true. But, luckily, she learned that she could unstick by relaxing her body, so it wasn't as noticeable.

But, Miles noticed - and was worried it wasn't just a regular spider. He kept an eye out for any abnormal behavior, but Clara did the same. At first - basically, the first three years she'd lived with Miles - she didn't think anything of Miles randomly getting called up by his uncle, but the last week, she started getting suspicious about it, as disappearing for a couple hours and coming back covered in bruises and cuts isn't normal.

When Miles came back late at night again, Clara had fallen asleep on the couch, resulting in him having to tread very lightly. "Oh, fuck.." He whispered, shaking his head at the sight of Clara. She was sleeping in her gym shorts, and a t-shirt she'd stolen from Miles a couple months ago.

He inspected her body, checking if she was actually sleeping or just pretending. Her breathing was steady, her mouth was slightly open, her hair was still perfectly framing her face, her body looked relaxed and beautiful, and her face was by far one of the most- "What am I thinking about." Miles cut his thoughts off, surprised in what direction it went. Never before had he caught himself just looking at Clara, and thinking about her like that.

When he looked at her for a bit longer, he noticed her hand was- Sticking to a small pillow? Miles was confused a bit confused, as he had thought he saw something sticking to her the day prior, but Clara denied it, showing things didn't randomly stick to her anymore. But, on the other hand, he could've known it didn't just disappear, since he saw it again that morning, and when Clara came home for a couple minutes to pick her books up during the day.

While Miles slowly walked over to her to test if it was really sticking to her, Clara moved her arm off the couch, letting it hang over the edge. She basically tested it for him, as the pillow immediately fell off the couch the moment she moved her arm, resulting in Miles letting out a relieved smile. "You almost got me, mami.." He sighed, but a little too loud, as Clara wasn't an extremely deep sleeper, so, she woke up.

But, her hand was on the pillow laying on the ground, and the moment Clara woke up her body tensed up, too, resulting in the pillow sticking to her hand. "Fuck.." She groaned, sitting up while not realizing Miles was standing in front of her, staring at the pillow sticking to her hand. "Oh, my god! Jesus, Miles!" Squealing, Clara jumped up out of surprise, raising her eyebrows at her roommate.

"So, it didn't disappear?" His tone was laced with surprise, and worry. Especially since Miles couldn't tell Clara what he thought was going on, as she'd get really suspicious.

As the frown turned even more visible, Clara's eyes shot around the room, trying to find something to distract Miles with. "..Yes, it did? I don't know what you're talking about." She relaxed her arm, and slowly let the pillow glide down her leg without Miles noticing.

The black haired boy pointed at the hand where a pillow was previously sticking to, and shook his head when he saw the pillow laying on the ground. "You're- Nah, are you gaslighting me, mami?"

"No..? I'm telling the truth, trust me. The sticking disappeared yesterday, I swear. I'm not, like.." Clara softly chuckled, shaking her head at the wall as she was too nervous to look at Miles, "Experiencing the same thing Spiderman did.." The last part was spoken in such a soft whisper, that she could barely hear herself.

Before Miles could even open his mouth, Clara's ringtone filled the silence in the room, as it lit up on the coffee table. Clara quickly grabbed it, and smiled when she saw who was calling. "Oh, hi!"