36| Onscreen Smoke

A/N: My dear readers! How are we? I hope you had an amazing Holiday season & rolled into the New Year in the pink of health? About me, well, I have been running amok forever with work and the fam & even though I am back after 6 months, the verdicts is I still have not had the time to finish this book! Don't worry, I have enough chapter banks now, but the story has so much that the chapter keeps getting added! :P

On that note, if you folks still remember the story, I am happy to make my come back with this chapter, which I think you will enjoy! Although since it's been so long, might I suggest you read at least the last 2/3 chapters once more, to brush up on where things were, before you read this!

So, cheers to Manan & Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan & I hope you all are as excited to read this chapter as I am to publish it!

Now, before I begin, let's be generous with the in-line comments and votes? You know I am a sucker for those! and finally Happy Reading!

***

"Roll light, sound, camera aaand action!"

Scene 12 | Take 1 | 'Tabaah Tere Isqh Mein'

"Look into my eyes and tell me Rahul, what can you see? Do you see love, fatal attraction or more? Tell me, what do you see?" Nandini asked Manik, looking deep into his eyes; her expression soft & hurt, her eyes speaking a million things. Manik looked deeply into her doe eyes, there were emotions there for him after a very long time. He was used to seeing a cold, grey, lifeless tunnel nowadays whenever he looked, but it felt good to see a glimpse of emotions in those eyes, even if they were fake & were meant for the silver screen. It still gave Manik a moment of respite.

"Rahul, your silence is killing me. Tell me you see love, my love." Nandini whispered again, her eyes misty, tears ready to breakout and mouth a little agape. Manik looked back with traumatic eyes, the scene required him to acknowledge that he saw love in Sana's eyes and hug her, but he wasn't going to give an okay take this time. He had to do damage control for his behaviour the day before yesterday evening at Bastians before Aryamann & Nandini; he had to ensure she had no doubt and never for a second felt he really cared.

"Rahul, tell me, what do you see?" Nandini coaxed again. Manik focused back and actioned the plan he had in mind.

"Cut!" he screamed, looking at her with a glare. Nandini looked at him surprised.

"Manik sir, any problem?" the voice of the director reached him and he moved back and glared at him. "There's a lapse in continuity. I am given a different watch to wear today!" he snapped.

"Watch.." the director murmured and sighed before glaring at the AD, and soon Rishabh Murthy ran to Manik with a few watches.

"Si..sir, which one would you like?" he stammered. Manik looked at him and smirked. "Which one would I like? Dear boy, these are all below Manik Malhotra standards, so I don't like any, the point is to wear the one my character wore, while shooting the previous scene!" he snapped. "Err..yes sir, let me just check the reels once.." he stammered and was about to go, when Manik held him by the wrist & pulled out the right watch. "Pay attention to details, boy" he sneered and Risabh gulped and nodded before walking away.

"Sir, now are we ready?" the director called out & Manik showed a thumbs up.

"Okay, silence on the set" the director commanded before restarting the scene.

"Roll light, sound, camera aaand action!"

Scene 12 | Take 2 | 'Tabaah Tere Isqh Mein'

Nandini stared at Manik after delivering her dialogues, and she could bet her kidney that Manik Malhotra was in a mood to play. He looked at Nandini and twitched his lips.