My duty starts today

''Dazai, why are you..here?'' Atsushi asked from the other side of the street. He is getting more terrified by the second, he has so many questions to ask them as to why they are at his orphange, but he doesn't get a moment to ask.

Dazai and Kyoka run up to him, Kyoka runs into a big hug, even though if Atsushi looks well and in one piece, she can't help but to show her concern. Dazai is also glad the kid is alive. He doesn't think he knows anyone other than himself that can go and meet Fyodor and come back safely. Ah right. This kid also ran off to meet Dostoyevsky, Dazai won't let that slide, he can feel similar anger to other betrayals he had experience. Although his student has come back, he still wonders why Atsushi even left. Dazai can be patient however the anger was hurting him inside, so he just wanted a reasonable explanation as soon as possible. 

Atsushi embraced the hug, feeling immense guilt for what he has done and he was about to give a long apology until he catches eye contact with Dazai. He stopped making the hug tighter with Kyoka and just stared at him, something in Atsushi feels fear and guilt now. He knew that everyone wanted an explanation to why he had left however, he doesn't have a full story yet. Would they believe him if he said that one of their greatest enemies, Dostoyevsky, is actually his dad and he just had a cup of tea with him? He even thinks that he sounds riduculous. And on top of that, Fyodor still has lot's to explain to him, things that will only make sense to him. Soon, the thought bangs him in the head. He had to lie to his closest friends and collegues, because he doesn't believe that they will understand. He doesn't want them to be miserable and even worst, he doesn't want to be asked that question by Dazai. How could he answer that question? Atsushi only had a few moments to think to himself before Kyoka pulls away from the hug and Dazai steps closer.

Atsushi still hasn't broke eye contact with him and he waits for Dazai to speak first. Dazai now speaks up, his voice a little stern but still trying to remain that friendliness.
''Atsushi, care to explain?'' His question is actually quite vague, and he wants it to be like that. He wants to see how truthful his student actually is. Atsushi gulps before smiling and answering Dazai's question.
''An old friend from the orphange came to see me, he said it was urgent and he needed some help...and uh..I'm sorry I didn't leave a note or anything-..'' Atsushi answers. He surprised himself there as he didn't sound completely nervous but he knew Dazai would notice that. Dazai frowns as he pulls out a piece of paper from his pockets. He opens it up and puts it infront of Atsushi's face. It was the invitation that Fyodor gave him to meet him up at the orphanage.

''Well we have some kind of note here, don't we? Why did you lie to me, Atsushi?'' Dazai, lowers his arms back to the sides, the piece of paper now being tight to his palm as he slowly cletches his hands. ''We know you was with Fyodor, why are you trying to hide it? Do you not appreciate us anymore?''
Dazai seems to have let a bit of anger inside him showing now, he won't get crazy but he wants to show Atsushi how upset he made him. And Atsushi does feel that. He's speechless now, now very stuck in his own head. 

Soon Kunikida comes out with the Headmaster, he has his hands arrested behind his back and they are slowly behind escorted towards them. Kunikida waits for someone to speak to know what's happening now and why Atsushi is here, sadly nobody bothers to expain to them and Dazai continues to talk to Atsushi, raising his voice a little.

''Answer me! Look. We even arrested the headmaster for you, we know what he's done. We're trying to save you, and you leave us...in worry...just to meet that rat? Say something Atsushi, don't look dumbfounded there.''

''I-I'm sorry...'' Atsushi mumbles, he tries to keep eye-contact with Dazai but he can't help but to keep glancing at the headmaster. He feels so weak now that he's here. He feels worthless all of a sudden. Even though the headmaster just stands there in silence, it's enough to frighten all the words out of Atsushi, and Dazai's angry glare isn't helping. He just stands there, slightly shaking. He feels so stuck, like he's in a broken game. He just wants something to happen but everyone's just staring at him, in concern, anger or no emotions at all. Then someone speaks up. But he doesn't see anyone's mouth moving. The sound comes from the darkness of the buildings behind them. Everyone's face turns to surprise or shock, especially Dazai's, as he can recognise the voice too.

''What are you doing to my son?''