Ashes of Dreams You Let Die

''You son of a bitch!''

I shared a look with Kam before we both look at the sleeping toddlers and bolted down the stairs. Our eyes widen as we see Luke and Dan punching each other.

''Lucas!'' I yell bringing my brother back from hitting the murderer in front of us.

''She kissed him. Mom kissed Dan!''

My mouth fell open as I whirled around.

''What? How could you?!''

''Stop!'' Mom exclaims as Kam slowly took a step back.

''What's wrong with you?!''Dan yells as my eyes glared at the older man.

''Karen, I'm..'' Dan shook his head.

''I'm sorry. It shouldn't have happened... It just did.''

''He killed Keith!''

''He shot him!'' I yelled after my brother, hands flying.

'' I should go.'' Dan left through the door as mom turned to us.

''Why would you say something... ''

'''Cause it's the truth.''

''Stop it. Jimmy killed Keith. So stop it!'' Ma shouted.

''Yeah. Keep me updated Luke. I'm sorry I couldn't go with you. But Keithy has been much more..... of a mommy's boy lately. It takes about twenty minutes to pull him away from me at day care.''

"I know. He turns into a little monster. Alright, I just arrived at the precinct. Love you.''

''Love you too, Luke.''

I smile down at the twins as I held one in each arm, ready to drop them off.

"Ah, the Scott twins. How are you Blake?''

''Hey Mary. I'm fine. Running a little late for school though.''

Mary was a forty something year old, mother of four. She started the day care after she lost her husband about five years ago. She was a single mother, and what she was good at was taking care of children, so why not start one? She is amazing too, the nicest woman I ever met.

''Well let me take these little rugrats and you can be on your way.''

I smile before kissing Kaysons head.

''Okay baby. I'll see you in a while princess.''

Kayse went straight to Mary without even hesitating, gracing the woman with a sloppy smile. I raised Keithy up to look him in the eyes.

''Are we going to have problems today little man? I sure hope not.''

I lean forward to kiss his cheek when I felt his small hands latch onto my hair and shirt.