Twenty Nine.

(Maverick's POV)

I sighed as I placed my phone on the desk in front of me.

I had just gotten off the phone with Azara. She was telling me all about her new group of students that she was teaching.

She was really passionate about what she did, you could hear in her voice how much she loved it. But there was still that undertone of pure sadness.

Part of it may be because of Inferno, she loved him so much. They meant a lot to each other. And losing him is still taking a toll on her.

I know firsthand what it feels like to lose a backseater, to grieve for your friend, your partner in crime. I knew what toll it takes and I know how hard it is to let go.

But that wasn't the only reason why she was upset. Bradly was currently the main reason for her mood.

They had a falling out and were currently on a break. But I could see how hard it was for them to be apart from each other. But for whatever reason they were on a break, they seemed to use it as some sort of excuse to stay away from each other.

Bradly was just as upset as Az was. He would glance at her longingly if she walked by or mutter her name under his breath.

It was extremely awkward if they were in a room together. They would ignore each other and rush out of the room as soon as possible.

It was frustrating actually, to watch from the sidelines as they ignore the problem and each other day after day.

I kind of just want to lock them in a room together and hope they resolve things. But that plan might backfire in some way.

I told Bradly to talk to her, but he said he wanted to give her space.

And after both of them had separately snapped at me. I left the topic alone.

Oh the trails of being a parent. You can see your kid needs help but they have to figure it out themselves.

(Loki/Maya's POV)

I frowned as I packed up my things after class. Hellfire was not acting like her usual self. She had been acting strange for about two weeks now.

It seemed as if her mind was occupied by something else. And she would jerk her head up when there was a knock at the door. Her eyes filled with an emotion I can't place.

Hellfire and I (or Azara is what I was told to call her outside of class.) have grown quite close.

We bonded over our Loki, Tom Hiddleston and Marvel obsessions. And once you get past her cold exterior, you learn that Hellfire is an amazing person to hang out with.

I had tried asking her what it was that upset her, but she always shut me out or changed the subject.

So I learned to leave it be.

Only Azara and I were left in the classroom since I had a few things to pack up.

I smiled as I sipped up my bag. I was starving and couldn't wait to get to the cafeteria.

"Bye Azara. Have a nice day." I said with a smile.

"Bye, Maya. You too."

As I walked out of the classroom and bumped into someone's chest.
"Oh sorry." I apologized.

Looking up, I was met with the warm smile of Rooster.

"No problem, Luitenant." He then grasped the classroom door's handel but hesitated.

He stood there for another second before taking a deep breath and entering.

And the next thing I hear is yelling. But I didn't stick around long enough to find out what happened.

A/N: Hi guys! I apologize for this chapter. It's really short and kind of a filler. But I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day/night.

~Mike❤️❤️