Four.

(Rooster's POV)

"What the hell, it's like she's a whole different person." Whispered a person in the back of the room.

They weren't wrong though. She definitely has changed since we last saw her. But I can't figure out if it's for better or for worse.

When they had announced that Azara was our instructor, I thought I had heard them wrong or something.

I couldn't help but feel guilty when I saw her. I didn't only break up with her, I broke her. She needed me and I left and caused her so much more pain than I intended.

That may be one of the reasons that she has changed so much. That is probably also, the reason that Maverick has been distant and has been glaring at me throughout the class.

(Azara's POV)

I was at my desk, in my office when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called. I looked up as Phoenix came in and closed the door behind her. I hadn't seen her in a year and I didn't really realize how much I had missed my best friend until that moment.

I smiled as I stood up and walked to her.
"Hey Natasha. Are you here for a personal or a professional visit?" I asked.

"Hi. A personal one." She said seemingly trying to gauge my reaction. I smiled at her in response before hugging her tightly.

"How have you been, Nat?" I asked as we sat on the small couch in my office.

"I've been good thanks. Busy but good. The real question is, what happened to you?" She bluntly said, quirking a brow.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I replied, deciding to evade the question. She sighed, staying silent for a moment as she tried to find the right words.

"You've changed Azara, you scared the shit out of everyone in class with that glare of yours. And I don't know, you're different. What happened?"

I signed, deciding to tell her the story. "I was young, sensitive and foolish back then. Rooster left, I couldn't fly because of the accident, you all got deployed and left. I was heart broken because of Rooster, I missed all of you, I lost all of my confidence, went through a tough time with my mental health and found out I have PTSD. And when I got promoted to Commander then Captain, I had already went through all that, so I decided to grow up and change my perspective and my attitude. I started to become well known for my flying abilities and started teaching. And here I am, almost two years later, still have PTSD, single, and I haven't stepped foot in a plane since the accident." I finished, glad to be able to tell someone all that.

"I'm so sorry that I wasn't here, Az. I could've helped you." She said, placing a hand on my arm.

"Don't apologize, Nat. All that stuff I went through only made me stronger. And it wasn't your fault, everything happens for a reason." I smiled at her, glad to have my friend back.

After me and Phoenix caught up with all the stories, I went to go greet the others.
I headed in the direction of the cafeteria where everyone supposedly was, when my dad stopped me. "Hey kid, you have a minute?"

I nodded. "Yeah dad, what's up?" He pulled me aside smiling at me.

" I have a surprise for you." He said. Acting like I was a little kid and he had a surprise for my birthday.

I raised a brow at him, wondering what it could be, when I heard a familiar voice I hadn't heard in ages, come from behind me.
"Hey 'Zar." I turned around in the direction of the person that had spoken. I smiled as I looked into the eyes of my best friend, my WSO and one of the people I trust my life with. Lukas Meyers. Callsign: Inferno.

I looked around to make sure no one was looking, before braking into a run and launching myself into his arms. Hugging him like my life depended on it.

"Luke!!" I squealed as he too, wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me tightly.

"I missed you so much." My grip on him tightened as tears sprang to my eyes. I looked up at him to see that he also had gotten misty eyed.

"Me too 'Zar, me too." We stood there for a while, enjoying each other's presence that we had missed so dearly. Then we
Catched up on all we had missed, I said goodnight to my dad and then went home. (Lukas was staying at my place while he was here.)

We chatted some more and then we went to our rooms. And while Lukas was having no problems with falling asleep at all, I couldn't seem to get my mind to stop thinking about Rooster.

(Third person POV)

But, little did Azara know, that Rooster was having trouble with the same thing. He was in his bunk, lying on his back, staring at the ceiling. So many thoughts and questions ran through his head. Was he the reason for her being so different? What happened to her? Is she okay? Does she still like him? Did something happen to her?

He couldn't seem to shut it all off. He would have to talk to both, her and Mav in the morning and try to figure all this out.

He laid there knowing that, even though he only saw her for a few minutes, he still had feelings for her. And he was determined to find out if she felt the same.

He highly doubted it but, all he could do was try.

Both, Bradly and Azara, lay tossing and turning all night. Not being able to get the other off their mind.

As Azara said, everything happens for a reason. So maybe they were meant to meet again, they just didn't know it at the time.