Stormy Emotions

The rain pelted at your skin as you ran for the front door. You slammed the door behind you as you shook the rain from your hair. You groaned as you felt the chill set in. A small puddle of water started to form around your feet. You quickly kicked off your shoes and shook out your hair once again.

"Tay! I'm home!" you called out, walking into the living room. Taylor was sitting on the couch with a guitar in her hands. She didn't even bother to look up as you walked up to her.

"It started pouring as I was driving back. If I knew it was going to rain I would've at least wore something with sleeves," you rambled, plopping down next to her. She was strumming the guitar, her face scrunched up in concentration.

"Um, hello? Earth to Tay," you said, waving a hand in front of her face.

"I heard you the first time, Y/N/N," she mumbled, her gaze never leaving the guitar. She continued strumming, the chords echoing a sense of tension in the room.

You furrowed her brow and watched her closely. "What's going on babe? You seem... stressed."

She sighed, clearly frustrated. "I had something before you decided to slam the door on your way in. Do you have any idea how loud that is?" Again, her eyes never left her guitar.

Your shoulders tensed at the sharpness of her tone. "I'm sorry I can't control the weather?" You tried to lighten the mood, but when Taylor finally turned to look at you, she didn't seem amused.

"Look, can you just leave me alone right now? I've been trying to finish this song for hours and I can't seem to get it right." She turned away and focused back on the guitar."

"Maybe we ca-"

"Y/N, just give me some space okay?"

You bit your lip as your throat tightened. "Alright. Fine." You got up from the couch and started to head upstairs. "I'm sorry if I-" you tried again.

"Please," she interrupted. "I really need to focus."

Her words stung like a slap in the face. You stared at her for a moment, waiting for her to say something. Waiting to see if she would quickly apologize and pull you into a hug. But nothing came.

You turned and hurried upstairs, choking back a sob. When you reached the bedroom, you collapsed on the bed and let the tears fall.

***

You must've fallen asleep because you were woken up by the light rustling of sheets.

"Baby?" Taylor's soft voice filled the room.

You didn't respond, only shifted so that your back was to her. That gave her the message, and she let out a quiet sigh.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I've been a jerk." The bed sank as she sat down beside you. "I shouldn't have snapped at you. I was just really frustrated. Not that I'm trying to make excuses or anything. There was no reason for me to act the way I did. And I'm sorry."

You didn't move. You knew if you turned to look at her you might start crying again.

"Angel, please talk to me," she pleaded. She gently rubbed your arm, and you gave in. You slowly turned and looked up at her. Her face was twisted with guilt.

"I'm sorry too," you mumbled. "I shouldn't have slammed the door."

She laughed slightly, which caused you to smile. "I was being stupid. You didn't do anything wrong." She leaned forward and kissed your forehead. "Forgive me?"

"Only if you promise that we'll talk about stuff like this instead of snapping at each other."

"I promise," she replied, her blue eyes sparkling. She leaned down and kissed you softly. You sighed against her lips and pulled her close.

"I love you," she murmured.

"I love you more."

Her face lit up. "Not possible."

You giggled as she climbed over you and started peppering your face with kisses.

"Okay okay," you laughed. "You win."

She beamed down at you, her blonde hair falling in front of her eyes. "So, do you forgive me?"

"Of course," you said, giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"Come here," she said, lying down and pulling you closer to her. You laid your head on her chest and closed your eyes, breathing in her scent. You knew despite any fights or disagreements, she would always be there for you. She was your home, and this is where you exactly wanted to be.