34

"Can I borrow this dress?" I pulled out a blue dress from Kiara's closet. "Sure, you can even take it. I don't wear it" she nodded as she fixed her hair in the mirror. "Well thank you" I undressed myself and put the dress on, "plus it looks better on you" she winked. "Ugh I can't believe we will spend another evening with a bunch of Kooks" she added and fell into her bed. "Oh come on, we manage to ignore them" "we, yeah. But the boys" she said and I signed, "right" I sat next to her and felt my phone buzzing. I pulled it out and saw Rafe calling me, "who is it?" she leaned closer to see but I immediately jumped off and went to her bathroom.

"Rafe?" I whispered, "Jules?" "why are you calling me?" I asked hoping Kiara didn't hear and see anything. "You coming to that stupid party today?" he asked, "it's not stupid" "wow- are you calling a Kook party non stupid?" I just knew he was smirking right now. "It's Kiara's mom birthday, okay? And yeah, I'll be there" "sure" he chuckled, "8pm meet me behind the Wreck" "are you crazy- fine, I'll be there" I finally agree, "I gotta go though, I'm not alone right now" I whispered, "alright, love you"  I bit my lip as I smiled, "love you, bye" I hung up went back to Kiara's bedroom.

"Was that Joshua?" she raised her one eyebrow and crossed her arms, "yeah..." I giggle and sat back next to her. I hate lying to her like that, to all of them really. I hope one day we will be able to date without having to lie to everybody.

"Anyway" she stood up and stretched her arms letting out a yawn. "Let's go" "yup" I nod and follow her down the stairs to her father's truck. "Everyone ready?" Mike checks the back of his car to look at us and we both nod.

When we arrive to the Carrera's restaurant we join Pope with John B. "There they are, looking good girls" smiles John B and I wink, "as always?" "oh no doubt" nods Pope and we all laugh. "What's up?" Jj pops out of nowhere and hugs Kie from behind which leads me to raise my eyebrows as I observed them giggling.
"Yo why do you look good?" then asked Jj looking at me and my dress, well, Kiaras dress. "Fits her well doesn't it?" smiled my best friend.
I looked down at the light blue sundress I was wearing again and smirked, "what? Can't a Pogue look good in Kooks clothes" "sure she can" nods John and taps on my shoulder, "a Pogue looks good in everything" winked Kie.

"Oh shit" mumbled Pope as he was staring at something behind us. "Topper- shit, we have to run" panicked Jj and I looked in the direction. I indeed saw Pope with his mother, he looked different though. He had a black eye.
You have to be kidding me. I slowly look back at the boys.

"What is happening?" I question and Jj gulped. "Guys?!" exclaimed Kiara. "We can't stay here" groaned Pope and pulls us inside of the restaurant and we inside of some storage room.

"Pope what the fuck-" "we can explain" said John B and we both crossed our arms. "Go on" I said and Pope signed. "Yesterday when we left from the Chateau the three of us went to buy some beers for today and when we arrived to the grocery shop, Topper and his two friends were there." Rafe...I bite my lip hoping he didn't do anything, "It was pretty typical, they started insulting us, und we insulted them back..." he explained. "Then we were about to leave but Topper made some remark that irritated the shit out of Jj of course!" as he said that my brother rolled his eyes and groaned, "I already apologized, to you, not to them" "shut up Jj" I mumbled to let Pope finish his story.

"Well you know how it goes, Jj punched Topper very hard apparently, you can see that on his face. We ran away before anything worse could happen but they didn't look happy when we left. That's why we are kinda scared" Pope nervously scratched his head and Kiara let out a loud groan. "Are you guys serious?! I can't leave if that's what you want, it's my parents party" she says angrily and I nod, "I'm not leaving either, so you can act like adults or-" "yeah we're leaving" nods Jj but John B stops him, "we can get through tonight. We'll just ignore each other. They won't fight with us here" he looks at my brother and that one finally agrees. "I mean there's free food and alcohol" he nods, "okay now let's go back, this is weird" I sign and open the door back to the restaurant and we all go out to the terrace where all the people were.

"Maybank!" suddenly yells Kelce and approaches the whole group. "Great" I groan and the Kook immediately looks at me, "great the second one is here too" he adds with an ironic smile and I smile back. "Man, can we not do this right now?" then asks Pope, "seriously, don't make a scene, it's a public event" then adds Kiara and walks off to her parents. "Oh I don't wanna cause a scene, Topper though...I mean Jj when he catches you-" "Kelce, come on!" Rafe suddenly appears out of nowhere grabbing his friend by his shoulder. My stomach twists as our eyes meet. "Mate-" "look at them, they're not worth it. We'll catch up with them some other day okay?" he says, "let's get you another cocktail" he then scoffed and pushed Kelce over to the bar.

"That was weird" then said John B as we just observe the two Kooks walk away in silence. "Yeah..." I reach for my phone as I hear it vibrating, it's a message from Rafe.
He's quick.

R: meet me in the men's bathroom in the basement

A basement? At the Wreck?

J: in the basement?

R: just go down the stairs inside