15

"Shit Jj" I gasp as he comes into the living room. "It's nothing" he grabs a milk from the fridge and sits next to me with a cereal bowl in his hands.

"No it's not, just wait here" I stand up and try to find some first aid kit type of shit. I mean in our household, I doubt it. "That'll do" I force a smile as I find some old plasters.

"I got this, it's probably shit but you can't go out like this" I sign and he rolls his eyes, "I don't need you're help Jules" "stop" I snapped and put a plaster over his forehead. I grab a towel with water and clean the dry blood from
his face and hands.

"Seriously Jules you don't have to" "but I want to" I insist and he rolls his eyes as he nods.
"sure" he mumbles.

"You got a mark on your cheek too though" he furrows his eyebrows and I go check myslef in the mirror. I do in fact  have a red mark all over my left cheek. I also spot a old blue on my thigh, pretty big actually.

"I promise I'll kill that motherfucker one day" "yeah you won't do that" I scoff and finish my coffee.

"They fired me by the way" suddenly admits my brother and I glance at him confused. "What do you mean they fired you, from the Country Club?" "yes sir, didn't come one day when I had a shift" he lays on the couch with his hands behind his head.

"Jayj are you shitting me, you have to work somewhere" I sign and take a look around our house. We need to take care of this shit hole, I think as my eyes scan the room. It's such a mess. There are bottles of alcohol all over the place, under the couch, on the dining table, kitchen counter, on the floor. For all I know some of these bottles have been here since my mothers death.

"Look I'll find something else okay" "sure, you always say that after getting fired the second day" I fake a smile and he gets up. Jj walks over to me and then kicks the dining table really hard. It makes a few bottles and glasses fall down and break into a million tiny pieces.

"Fucking hell Julienne!" he yells and runs his hands through his messy hair. "Jj calm down!" I cry out trying to catch his hands but he pushes me away. "I will find something okay Jules, I'll find a job" he stuttered and I nod twice, "I know...I know Jayj" I caress his hair and he sobs weakly.
"I'm sorry" he mumbles. "It's fine, it's all good, I love you" I smile, "love you too"

"Hey uhm, you going with us to that movie crap tonight?" he asks and falls back onto the couch.
"Movie crap?" I raise my eyebrows and he opens a beer. "Yeah you know, that Kook shit where you watch a movie on like, grass" he explains in a sassy voice and it makes me chuckle. "I see, that drive in shit without cars" I smirk and he points at me, "yes, that" "well sure, if you guys are going? You know it's like a full Kook shit and all that" I grin and take a sip of his beer.

"Yeah, Kie is making us go" "yeah, no okay count me in" I nod.
Later that day we meet everyone at the chateau and get with the Twinkie to Figure 8.

"This is like the definition of Kooks only" Pope closes the door of the van. "Guys chill out, it's not just Kooks okay. Plus if you don't do anything stupid-" "why you looking at me Kie!" exclaims Jj and she signs, "I'm not, just saying. So don't be stupid and it will all be cool. Alright?" "yes, don't worry" nods John B.

"Let's go get drinks, want something boys?" I ask, "two cherry cokes and a regular one too please" nods John B and they go to find places.

"I'll have a diet coke, you?" "cherry coke will do" replies Kie and we step in the queue for the drinks.

"Kie! Jules!" "fuck" I bite my lip as I hear his voice. I notice Kiara rolling her eyes. "Jules" he taps on my shoulder and I sign before I turn my head and gulp as our eyes meet.

He looks good?

"Not now Rafe" I barely articulate so my friend doesn't hear. "I'm not here for that, or for you actually. I'm here to let you two girls know, that we know what your boy did" he snapped back and Kiara turned around to face him.

"What are you talking about Rafe" "we know what your boy did, alright? That's all this is about" "what boy?" I ask and he taps on my shoulder, "he'll know" Rafe gave me a smile and Kiara let out a loud sign.

"Seriously? Come on Jules" she grabs my arm with all the drinks in the other and we walk away to our group.

"Here y'all are" Jj reaches out for his drink and take a big sip. "Rafe just talked to us" suddenly said Kiara as she distributed the drinks to each one of us. "He said, and I quote, tell your boy we know what he did" she crosses her arms looking at the boys. Pope and Jj suddenly exchange a worried look and my brother whispers something to the other one.

"Guys?" I raise my eyebrows and they both ignore us. "Fine" rolls her eyes Kie and sits between Jj and John B. "Move" I push Pope closer to my brother and sit next to him.