8. To be shattered

Start from the beginning

Both of them nodded, Chhaya ji turned on her heels and walked out of the room. There was silence in the atmosphere, no one said anything for 2 minutes, Shruti was trying her best not to break down in front of her sister, which was becoming the most different thing for her in front of Amrita. "What happened, my baby? won't you share your feelings with me like you have been doing? Let your feelings out." Amrita said taking Shurti's hand in hers.

Shurti nodded her head, and knelt before Amrita. And started adjusting her lehenga "Di!" Amrita hummed. Now she could not control her emotions for long in front of Amrita. She added, "Time flies so fast" Finally she looked up to make eye contact with Amrita.

Tears began to collect in her eyes causing her vision to become blurred, she blinked several times to clear away her tears. "It seems like yesterday we were kids." Shurti said emotionally in her breaking voice.

Amrita held her face, she didn't say anything, just let Shurti express her feeling. "Today you will get married, we will not be together, but my love for you will always be the same. I cannot thank you enough for your love, the support you have given me, being my support system." By now her tears were kissing her cheeks. She further added, "Dii, please don't forget me after you got a new family." She looked at Amrita with tearful eyes.

Amrita shook her head no. "How can I forget this idiot of mine." Amrita said and hugged her while Shruti hugged her back.

Shurti separated from her. "Diii!" Shurti said while Amrita waited for her to say "Remember when I asked you if you had found a boyfriend? You took my words very seriously. Forget about the boyfriend, you had found a husband for yourself." She said with tease. Can anyone tell that she was crying a while ago?

Amrita was about to hit her head, but Shruti held her hand and placed a kiss on her palm. " save this smack for your husband if he gets you angry, and now come with me, your future husband is outside the house. The wedding procession( barat ) has arrived." She dragged Amrita with her to the balcony, from where they could clearly see the wedding procession( barat ).

Amrita started with Aayansh, who was sitting on the horse and had the same expression on his face as Amrita had after watching the wedding procession ( barat ) in front of the house. Her mind went to how her wedding was planned, which she never expected at all and that her life would take a 360° turn.

______••______••_______••______••______••__

Flashback

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Suddenly it hitted her, "Wait a second, what is he doing here?" Amrita asked herself.

Amrita turned and looked at the children, "We will play tomorrow, champs." The children nodded and Amrita went inside the house.

As soon as she entered the hall, she saw some guests were sitting with Nitish ji and Damini ji. A tapping sound came from her sandal which echoed in the hall causing them to turn their heads in her direction and look at her. Her eyes fell on a particular person who had an expressionless expression on his face, she immediately moved her eyes away from him and placed them on the person next to him.

She saw an old woman who was smiling softly at her making her return back smile to her but still behind her smile there was a confusion as to who they were. She never saw them. She came near them.

Still in a state of confusion, she folded her hands, "Namaste." She greeted them.

Nisha ji nodded her head with a sweet smile on her lips, whereas Aayansh showed no emotion in her greeting nor did he respond to her.

Then Damini ji said, "beta, go to Nisha ji." Amrita looked at her and nodded in yes and went to Nisha ji who motioned her to her.

She sat quietly near Nisha ji. "You look very beautiful, beta." Nisha ji said smilingly and caressing her head, due to which 'Thank you' came out of her mouth.