No friend of mine

Start from the beginning

She looks up, startled. "Trinity Hawthorne. Here to tell me how much I look like your dead bestie? Well save it. I'm not taking any more attacks tonight."

"Emily wasn't my 'bestie'. I wished she were dead. And I'm not sorry that my wish came true. Not one bit." My eyes flash.

Avery looks scared. "Then what are you here for?"

"Can't a girl reapply lipstick?" I joke, but my hand slides to the door and clicks the lock. "We're here to help."

"What?"

Iqra slides to the sink next to Avery. "What do you need fixing?"

"This goddamn hair. And the colour of my stupid dress if possible."

"Let's see what we can do." Adrina opens her purse and begins rummaging through it. "Aha!" She holds up a small bottle.

"W-what's that?"

"Citrus oil. Breaks through all the pesky little hair ties stylists use. I bring it to every gala because this hair starts hurting and I can't wait until I get home sometimes." Adrina dips a q-tip into the oil and holds it up to one of the bands.

Pop.

The band breaks. Adrina hands me and Iqra q-tips then dips hers back into the bottle.

Ten minutes later, all the tiny hair ties have been rubbed open, but still linger in her hair. I pull out my hair brush and start to pull apart Avery's braid, gently, which is not light work with all the hair spray.

"Did any of you bring Resi-due?" I question over my shoulder as I wash my fingers of the sticky film.

"Yeah, I always have some on me." Adrina pulls out the red spray bottle from a deceivingly small pink rose bag.

Iqra sprays the product onto Avery's hair and I run my brush under water, which will activate the spray on her hair. Slowly, I pull the brush through her hair, breaking the braid apart.

After a few more rounds of brushing our Avery's hair, it looks beautiful and not like Emily as it did in the beginning. Adrina braids her hair into a quick half up half down style as I use colour theory and my emergency eyeshadow to turn her eyes hazel again.

"Is there anything we can do about that dress?" Iqra hands Avery her silver necklace and takes 'Emily's.'

I stand back from the three of them. "Adrina, is the top of your dress removable?"

Adrina finishes Avery's hair."I thought you'd never ask." She pulls at something on her waist and the pink silk of her bodice falls off, revealing a strapless one with the floral fabric that peeks out on her skirt. Then she drapes it over Avery's dress, covering it up. "I need some safety pins."

"Got you there." Iqra pulls a case of safety pins out of her purse.

I sweep them out of her hand, and Adrina begins to pin up the neckline of her bodice onto Avery's higher one that covers her stitches. She winces.

"You ok?" I place a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah. Just make me look... not like her."

"Grayson saw you."

She nods. "I-I thought I took his breath away."

"Did you want to?"

She nods quickly. "But not like that. "

"What about Jameson?"

"I kind of made out with him. At the cottage. I hope he didn't see me. I don't want to hurt anyone else."

"I'm done!" Adrina steps back from her work. She's taken a few flowers from her hair to make the pink and green flow more naturally into each other.

"Thank you all so much." Avery gushes at us.

"Of course. Grayson likes you a lot. I hope he sees you didn't mean to look that b!tch."

"Did you call your best friend a b!tch?" Avery pulls her eyes away from her changed appearance.

I scoff. "Please. Even you admit she's one. And let me make one thing very clear. Emily was no friend to me. The people who pulled together to transform you today are my friends."

The door clicks and Alisa walks in, holding a hair pin.

I look at my friends. "Time to go."

They nod and we smile sweetly at Avery.

A.N.: The good part is coming...
Don't know wat else to say except I just pulled an all nighter doing absolutely nothing. My ny resolution abt sleep is probably not going to happen. Anyways, love you and have an amazing week!