Misaki's bottom lip trembled a little. "Just not today?" She looked like she was fighting back tears. He really didn't think about how he had been making her feel the last few days. Mild panic set in.

"No, definitely today! I always want to hang out with you M'! I'm sorry! Let's go through town today. Together! I want to, Misaki!"

Misaki pursed her lips. "Ok..."

_____________________

So now I've gotten a pity invite to join Luffy through town. Great. I leaned over the railing, looking out to the island we were about to land at. The sun was setting, throwing out some glorious colors. I felt a tap on the small of my back as Luffy joined me. He leaned his arms on the rail and smiled his big sunshine smile at me, making my heart skip a beat. I felt like it had been so long since I had gotten a genuine smile from him. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad.

When we docked, Luffy picked me up before I could even react and leapt into the air, yelling "YAHOOOOO!" This is NOT what I had in mind!

He got me off the docks before setting me down. My heart was in my throat and my stomach was in knots already. Not getting any attention from Luffy for a while meant that I was no longer used to even getting looked at, let alone being picked up. Luffy laughed.

"You said you wanted to come with me, so we go at my pace!" Good Lord, what was I thinking?

Luffy grabbed my hand and then suddenly let go, blushing. I blinked at him, my face burning hot. Did he just grab my hand? My heart was hammering in my chest. Normally, he would have grabbed me by the wrist.

Luffy cleared his throat, then actively picked up my hand again, squeezing it gently. He smiled, still blushing and turned to lead me through the crowd of merchants. As we snaked through the crowd, the only thing going through my head was the fact that Luffy was holding my hand. My chest was starting to hurt by how hard my heart was pounding away. I felt our pace begin to slow as we got to the food market. Ahhh. That explains a lot.

I worked to catch up so I could actually walk side by side with him. I watched his face as he took in all the smells of the market. Admittedly, the precooked foods smelled amazing. Nothing would be quite as good as Sanji's cooking, but barbecue was good no matter what.

"What tickles your fancy, Luffy? I'll get whatever you think looks the best." I said, smiling. Luffy's head snapped to look back at me.

"Are you sure, Misaki? You don't have to!"

"I want to!"

"Well in that case..." Luffy and I walked through, still holding hands, carefully stopping at each kiosk before landing on the big bone stuffed chicken drumsticks. That was it. I saw the stars in his eyes.

"Two please!" I always wanted to try one of these. We both munched on our meat on the bone, still holding hands, while laughing and chatting about the scenes going on around the town. Luffy finished long before I did, and I ended up relinquishing the second half of mine just so I could see him at his absolute happiest.

___________________

"Misaki, you really are the best, ya know?" It was at this moment that Luffy really wanted to kiss her, but something told him that she may not have appreciated him kissing her right after stuffing his face. He opted for a hug instead, making her giggle and his heart skip a beat.