𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Start from the beginning

"can i sit next to her?" sunny prompted, noting how nervous devon looked. usually, she would be talking non-stop but she was unusually quiet and that unnerved sunny.

"of course, take the chair from over there if you want" mark said pointing to a chair as he sat down on his own "so, dev, i'm not gonna lie, the tattoo will hurt. is it your first one?" he asked as he put on gloves.

"yeah"

"is this the place you want it?" he asked again, pointing to a place exactly under her left boob, going to her rib. at her nod, he carefully placed the stencil on her skin "well, just stay calm, squeeze your friends hand if you want. talking helps, do you want to talk?"

"yeah, that would be nice" devon winced when she felt the needle start going through her skin, grabbing sunny's hand tightly.

"she usually never shuts up. it's so weird to see her like this" sunny admitted, hoping to keep her calm.

"it's normal, the tattoo is very pretty by the way" mark said encouragingly.

"mark, can you tell me what it is?" sunny said, hoping to look but devon's shirt was somehow blocking her way.

"don't tell her! it's a surprise" devon exclaimed, tightening her grip on sunny's hand. for some reason her boob was starting to hurt but she didn't know if it was normal "mark, is it normal for my boob to hurt?"

"sometimes, it's just the pain from the needle extending. if it get's too bad tell me, yeah?" he said reassuredly, relaxing devon slightly "so, tell me. hobies, work, things you like"

"i love to sleep" devon said cheesily.

"oh, yeah. it's as if napping is her job" sunny snorted, rubbing devon's hair out of her face endearingly. sunny was sure that if devon didn't have a boyfriend and sunny wasn't somehow in love with julien, she would love to be together with devon.

"i'll kill you"

"please ask her about her boyfriend. that way she will literally talk our ears off" sunny encouraged, looking at devon with a grin.

"sunny!"

"boyfriend, huh? tell me about him" mark laughed, doing the tattoo as gracefully as devon was in the uneven bars, meaning very good.

"i've known him for a long time, almost ten years actually" devon smiled, her boyfriend's face popping up in her eyes as it usually did.

"how can you deal with that?" sunny asked jokingly, but also not jokingly.

"leave him alone!" devon snickered, squeezing her hand harder in warning "we got together on junior year in high school then we broke up in sophomore year in college"

"cause he's a dumbass" sunny snorted and all devon could do was nod.

"but we reconnected a little while ago and got back together"

"that's a cute story. i have a similar one with my wife except we didn't break up, ever" mark smiled, thinking back to his wife.

"oh my god! what's her name?"

"olivia. she's the best, she gave me two little girls"

"i like you more and more each time you open your mouth mark" sunny muttered with a grin.

"likewise" he grinned, taking the excess of ink from her skin before putting the cover "i would love to talk with you ladies more but we're done"

"sunny close your eyes" devon said quickly, holding sunny in place.

"you're ridiculous"

devon grinned at her friend and carefully stood up, hiding her nipples with her arms as she stood up to look at herself in the mirror "it's so pretty! thank you mark" she exclaimed as she marveled about the ink in her skin, admiring how pretty it looked.