Year 1. (Part 1)

A/N: I also forgot to mention, that he was about twelve/thirteen in the last chapter, and he also has a bit of anxiety and depression from leaving. Because we clearly see that throughtout the movie he has somethings going on soooooooo...
Onto the story!

Sejanus' POV

Today is my first day at the school. I'm so nervous. What if all the other kids think that I'm just a district boy! I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't even realize that we had arrived. Me, Ma, and Pa got out of the car and walked into the main office. While they were signing everything I needed I looked at my hands nervously. No one knew that I had anxiety because I was always able to hide it with a mask, but now that mask is breaking. The only time I looked up was when I heard my name.

   "I will be taking Sejanus to his classes now. You may head on out." The women behind the desk said standing up and walking towards me. Ma looks at me and gives me a reassuring smile before heading out the door with Pa. The women grabbed my shoulder gently and led me out the door. I kept looking around, thinking, no, knowing I didn't belong here. I was a district boy, not a capital kid.

   As we get closer to the door my hands start to shake. I quickly stuff them into my pocket and take a deep breath. When the lady opens the door I quickly hide behind her, scared that the others will notice me. Unfortunately for me, she pushes me into the room and leaves.

"Well, hello young one. Please, tell us about yourself." The women in the large coat said.

"Uhm, My name is Sejanus. Sejanus Plinth." I said.

Coriolanus' POV

Hm, Plinth? I've never heard of that name before. Maybe they are just more closed off.

"And, where are you from dear?" Ms. Treehill asked. (Don't ask, it's my friends last name.)

The boy whispered something that nobody else could hear.

"What was that?" She asked in her usual annoying pitchy voice.

"District two." He whispered.

I could tell everyone's eyes went wide, as did my own. Who in the right mind would let a district kid- no, family, into the freaking capital?!

   Everyone was whispering amongst themselves about the district boy. How could they let such a thing into the capital? After everything that happened! He's a rebel for gods sake!

   The boy just stood there with his head down. Good, he should be ashamed. I could see him tapping his finger on his thigh. It looked like he had tears in his eyes.

"Now class," Ms. Treehill started, "one should not shame another for their background."

"Yes. Sorry Ms Treehill." We all said.

"Good. Now, apologize to Mr. Plinth here."

"Sorry." We all mumbled. Some not even responding.

"Good. Now, who will be the one to show him around?" She said. She then looked to me and smirked. "Mr. Snow!" She started, " you will be the one to show him around!"

Ah shit.

524 words.

Hey guys! Hope you like this!